Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am a salicylic acid girl as well. Clean and Clear invisible blemish treatment works really well. Dab it on anything that looks like it's starting 2 pop up and it's gone by the next day.

I dunno, benzoyl peroxide (the 10% version) rapes my pimples good and fast, in two days, kid you not. I can see instant results with that wonderful thing. Sure, I've lost three nice brown shirts due to bleaching (they went orange at the collar and chest [forgot to wash hands properly and patted them dry stupidly]) and also lightened the color of a towel that I use just for this purpose, but I love it as it works very nicely for me. I also use an SA face wash, which while not as effective, sure feels good. Anyway, I think I have nuked my acne away. I get an outbreak every now and then, but in two or three days with some BP and SA facewash and a little baking soda/vinegar, it gets raped and disappears as fast as it came. Then again, my skin cell production cycle, just like my nail and hair growth, as well as body tissue regeneration and wound healing capabilities are insanely fast, way above normal. It is some genetic disorder. The only drawback as far as my doctor can tell is low blood pressure and an excessively high metabolic rate. At least I don't have to be afraid of getting fat or getting scars...

The Recidivist...

I dunno, benzoyl peroxide (the 10% version) rapes my pimples good and fast, in two days, kid you not. I can see instant results with that wonderful thing. Sure, I've lost three nice brown shirts due to bleaching (they went orange at the collar and chest [forgot to wash hands properly and patted them dry stupidly]) and also lightened the color of a towel that I use just for this purpose, but I love it as it works very nicely for me. I also use an SA face wash, which while not as effective, sure feels good. Anyway, I think I have nuked my acne away. I get an outbreak every now and then, but in two or three days with some BP and SA facewash and a little baking soda/vinegar, it gets raped and disappears as fast as it came. Then again, my skin cell production cycle, just like my nail and hair growth, as well as body tissue regeneration and wound healing capabilities are insanely fast, way above normal. It is some genetic disorder. The only drawback as far as my doctor can tell is low blood pressure and an excessively high metabolic rate. At least I don't have to be afraid of getting fat or getting scars...

The Recidivist...

i hate bp too. but isn't it an antibacterial. and salicylic acid is an exfoliant.

so with that said im a tea tree oil girl.

I'm with everyone on this one! I'm ALLERGIC to BP! Blah! I do use Salicylic Acid for the exfoliation properties. I've been using tea tree oil to spot treat (in the place of BP) because of it's anti-bacterial effects.

Recently, I've been trying the internal route by taking Zinc and Burdock Root. I've also tried attacking my red marks more naturally: with a ACV/Witch Hazel/Asprin toner. It seems to be improving the overall clarity of my tone. I'm going to do some tweeking to my supplement regiment to see if my pimple production will stop.

My goal is to go all natural with my topical products (it's generally less expensive, too). I also want to be more healthy in general, so this vitamin exploration i'm doing is for my general well-being, as well as my acne.

Anyone else on the quest for homeopathic cures?

you might be allergic to it! i think 1% of population is allergic to bp... But i dont exactly know what you mean by you cant standing it...

I don't think I'm ever going to use it again in any form. Never worked for me. Prolonged hyperpigmentation way too much, and even with moisturizer it's just uncomfortable on your face.

BP for spot treating + SA for clogged pores + apple cider vinegar for no redmarks = the win.

BP 10% assassinates my breakouts, but also drys me out and has ruined a few shirts. It's a give-and-take relationship.

But I can see why some of you hate it.