Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

does anyone drink lemon juice while on accutane and find it helps with redmarks or anything else ?? or is it disruptive to accutanes purpose?

I drink lemon juice mixed with water as often as possible while on Accutane. It has helped slightly with my red marks. I can’t call it significant though because I recently tried a cortisone lotion that did a much better job. (BTW: Stay away from long term use of lotions like this because they can actually turn your face permanently red. Like any steroid, you need to use caution.)

Lemon juice and water is also good because it performs a mini-detox and there are many people who believe acne is caused by “clogged organs.� While I’m still on the fence as to whether or not I believe all that, lemons and water are cheap. At worst, I’m wasting a few bucks every week. At best, I am slowly helping the fading process and combating my acne on more than one front.

Real lemons all the way. I am sure that the effects would be the same if I used the little plastic lemon bottle as well.

(I was actually eating the lemons for a while but realized that this destroys your teeth, so I stopped. So much for by-passing the water...)