Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
agua2004

radical solutions for minor problems

For those that have mild scars and do dermabrasion, lasers etc, does it really worth it? I mean you'll walk around with an abnormally red face for some months, just to get rid of a few scars that nobody notices anyway? Not to mention the possible complications.

For those that have mild scars and do dermabrasion, lasers etc, does it really worth it? I mean you'll walk around with an abnormally red face for some months, just to get rid of a few scars that nobody notices anyway? Not to mention the possible complications.

For most people, including myself, I would rather indure a couple of weeks to month of redness in the face and a little down time rather than a life time of living a lifetime with something that makes me feel uncomfortable.

Good luck with the dermabrasion, I hope that everything works out for the best.

I could not have said it better myself.  I want to do something agressive that wil give me better results.  It is a risk I am willing to make.  I am tired of all these miracle creams and non-ablative lasers that give little to no improvement.

Yes, I do have mild scars.  Yes, I am getting dermabrasion.  Hopefully, I will get the results that I am looking for to the point where I will never visit this website again.

I agree with your sentiments. I've said this over and over....the problem with starting at the very top of the invasive scale means that future procedures will not have good results as skin that has been co2'd or dermabraded isn't as responsive as skin that hasn't been.

I have gotten great results on some pretty bad scars with needling and tca cross.

Lilian told me that she is having amazing results on severe, pitted, scarring with needling....and that's only $150.00 a pop. So what if you need mulitple treatments? I've gotten 3 treatments and it's no big deal. I've done all my own tca crosses so that cost me little to nothing, compared to what a doctor would charge.

I would much rather get multiple treatments and spend $3-500 and have the option of getting further treatments than to start at the top of the invasive scale, not be pleased with the results, and then have to get more treatments that aren't effective.

Lilian has needled previously dermabraded skin and she said that it didn't go very well; she said the skin bled and bled and was just too sensitive, though it had been (I think) well over a year or two since the original dermabrasian.

For me, needling and tca cross have been miracles. I'm very pleased with the results.

I certainly respect people's choices, but I just don't have the money, time, or effort to put into dermabrasian. I think it's a good procedure in Dr. Y's hands, but I personally wouldn't have it done. Besides, my scars are so much better now anyway.

And for shallow scars?! There are so many other things that could work on shallow scars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And for shallow scars?!  There are so many other things that could work on shallow scars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to do a tca peel, I'm just afraid i would make it worse. Isn't there down time.. what to do.

I would like to do a tca peel, I'm just afraid i would make it worse. Isn't there down time.. what to do.

A 35% tca peel is a relatively simple procedure; just don't go any higher than 35%. Just google "tca peel" and you'll get tons of info. It does help *VERY* minor scarring and skin tone. But if you get a few over a few months period, that could probably resolve most minor scarring cases.

A 35% tca peel is a relatively simple procedure; just don't go any higher than 35%.  Just google "tca peel" and you'll get tons of info.  It does help *VERY* minor scarring and skin tone.  But if you get a few over a few months period, that could probably resolve most minor scarring cases.

Are you doing the peel youself or are you going to a plastic surgeons office? A 35% TCA peel is considered a medium depth peel and could result in multiple complications if performed wrong including hyper/hypopingimintation and additional scarring. Most physicans will say that it is ok but that you do run a higher risk than type I-III skin types.

Is a TCA peel at 35% ok for olive skin tone?

You guys can google "tca peel - 35%" and get much quicker, more detailed responses to all of your questions.