Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been on Differin, Tetracycline, Doxycycline and now Tretinoin which is substituted for Retin-A, and all worked well at first, but I got immuned to Tetra, Doxy made me sick, Differin just didnt help and now Tret isnt helping, it did for a while but its like my skin is kind of at a standstill, except its kinda broken out now, probably because I've been putting Vitamin E on my face to help with scars, and all it did was make my skin break out...I havent been to the derm yet, just to the doctor, my mom is supposed to call and see if she can go ahead and reccomend me to a derm, this is seriously so depressing because I dont have bad bad acne, just mild/moderate but its so persistant and never goes away. What kinda medicine do you think she may prescribe? what else is out there?, Will Retin-A have better effects than the Tretinoin?

Retin a is basically tretinoin. If Tretinoin didn't work for you, then i doubt retin a will. However, how long did you use the Tretinoin for? It requires a month at least to see results. I really like retin a, it worked perfectly for me. Maybe you should give it more time and stop puttin on the vitamin E if it's making you break out. Best of luck!

Retin a is basically tretinoin.  If Tretinoin didn't work for you, then i doubt retin a will. However, how long did you use the Tretinoin for?  It requires a month at least to see results.  I really like retin a, it worked perfectly for me.  Maybe you should give it more time and stop puttin on the vitamin E if it's making you break out.  Best of luck!

I've been using Retin-A/Tret since like December 1st....is that enough time? and I thought Vitamin E was supposed to help scar tissue reduce? :-(

you sound like me! i tried everything, i dont know what the derm might prescribe you, but after using everything ever created for stubborn acne i had to resort to accutane.

I'm a big fan of EFA supplements, might be worth trying if you're at the end of your rope. Good luck guys!

you sound like me!  i tried everything, i dont know what the derm might prescribe you, but after using everything ever created for stubborn acne i had to resort to accutane.

do you have mild/moderate acne too?