Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i bought neutrogena oil free acne wash a little over a week ago because i wanted a simple wash with salicylic acid

when i started using it i got a couple pimples, i thought this was because of my illness (i had the flu at the time)

however, by the time i realized the problem was the cleanser 4 days later...

my face was covered in acne! it was the most pimples i had ever seen in my life. I had never had anything worse than mild acne, now all of a sudden i had severe acne. im sure the product works for some people, but just a warning to everyone, my face had a horrible allergic reaction to it...i have never experienced anything close to this before.

i immediately stopped using the cleanser and switched to clean and clear continuous control which contains BP

my face improved 95% in one week! i am now left with a clutter of red marks that are fading quickly.

beware of neutrogenas oil free acne wash!

Guest Amy Lee

I tried using it too. It's golden brown liquid in a pump dispenser right? I don't like how it works. I didn't feel clean, just like when I wash with a Cetaphil liquid. And had no beneficial effect too on my acne.

i used that stuff back when i would get the occasional pimple and i stopped using it in december up until yesterday--my face was awful without it. i have 5 cysts currently, all appearing the same day so i'm going back to this wash, hoping my skin goes back to what it once was.

I've used this product since I was 12. First the bars that smelled liek crap back in the day,lol and now deep clean oil free acne wash. I must say I've never had a problem with it.It does keep my skin from gettin worse, but I don't find it makes it better either, hmm..mayeb time 4 soemthing new. My sister, who doesn't use facial cleansers on a regular basis tried and and it made her face a mess...I guess it just depends on the person... eusa_think.gif

I use Neutrogena oil free acne wash it did not work for my skin. None of the over counter acne medications work .

well thats good that you all didnt have the same reaction i had to it, it was a nightmare

maybe i had an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients

I hate this cleanser. This is what my sister uses (I think she also uses the plain liquid wash?) and they both were crap for my skin! Drying and made little bumps on my face, not sure if they were zits, clogged pores, or skin irritation. Not good! Oddly enough, their Extra Gentle Cleanser works wonderful!

My 14 yr old is having good luck with the Oil free Acne Wash. The 17 yr old seemed to have more problems. We just recently switched to the Extra Gentle Cleanser. I hope it works for him too.

That's odd. I LOVE the oil free acne wash. The only thing is that I had to put about half the container full of water to dilute it because it was too strong for my sensitive skin. Other than that, it is doing good.

I've been using it for about 6 months now and haven't had any problems. But I know what it's like to be allergic to something. When I first saw my derm she put me on duac which has bp in it and then I found out I'm allergic to bp. So, that was no fun.

Hope you find something that works for you.

Sarah