Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
agoodfella

Benzaclin Users (New and Old)

Calling all Benzaclin users,

I have been using BC for about 2 weeks now and I love it. I have been applying morning and night, and though the initial dryness was pretty bad, its stabilizing now.

The question I have:

"How long did everyone use this for?"

i.e. I am thinking about tailing off the usage to about once a day in about another 2-3 weeks and then after that maybe about 3x a week or less afterwards.

My fear is that my acne will come raging back.

Has anyone else out there used BC, had it work fine, stopped using it, and then have their acne come back stronger than ever?

I guess the real question is: "Do I have to use this forever?" I love the results don't get me wrong, but it is expensive and it is a chore to worry about it everyday.

THANKS EVERYONE!!! cool.gif

Iv'e been using benzaclin for about 3 1/2 months now, and it's working great!!. I only use it once a day.

Iv'e been using benzaclin for about 3 1/2 months now, and it's working great!!. I only use it once a day.

RSXBOI,

I'm glad its working for you as well.

Quick Q.:

"how much longer are you planning on taking it? Indefinitely?"

question stands for anyone else as well...

I used Benzaclin for years. I started using it when it replaced Benzamycin as the bp topical of choice. It works but I never really stopped using. I would decrease the frequency during the winter because of dryness. I have stopped using it cause I'm on accutane.

I used Benzaclin for years. I started using it when it replaced Benzamycin as the bp topical of choice. It works but I never really stopped using. I would decrease the frequency during the winter because of dryness. I have stopped using it cause I'm on accutane.

Curly Q,

Thanks for your reply.

Did you stop using Benzaclin because it wasn't working for you (I am assuming so).

no- benzaclin works- i just really want to end my dependency on topicals and antibiotics. If I need a bp after accuatne I'll use it again. I do think it is effective- but can be drying.