Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marce

has anyone tried EMU OIL ??

Hi ..just wondering

has anyone used emu oil after having scar treatments ?.. to speed up the healing process

what was the outcome ..

thanks for reading my post

Hi ..just wondering 

has anyone  used emu oil  after having scar treatments ?.. to speed up the healing process

what was the outcome ..

thanks for reading my post

I went through an entire bottle of emu oil in about a week after my dermabrasion. It is nice but would have done just as well with the vaseline only. I do not think it helped speed up the healing process at all. I also used it after needling. Softened the skin up a bit, but not sure if it did anything to speed up healing.

I went through an entire bottle of emu oil in about a week after my dermabrasion.  It is nice but would have done just as well with the vaseline only.  I do not think it helped speed up the healing process at all.  I also used it after needling.  Softened the skin up a bit, but not sure if it did anything to speed up healing.

Im a big fan of emu oil and vaseline is nothing like it. Emu oil penetrates through all 7 layers of the skin its also a natural & non-toxic, non-comedogenic (does not clog pores), hypo-allergenic (non-irritating) and gentle for all skin types. Its also an effective anti-inflammatory. The potency of the anti-inflammatory effect from Emu Oil is similar to ibuprofen. It also speeds up the healing process for open wounds and bruises. I could go on and on about how wonderful emu oil is.

I use emu oil for its transdermal properties i.e. it acts as a carrier, taking other products you apply deeper into the skin. This item was recommended in conjunction with Super CP Serum so that it will make the serum (or any other product you use) more effective.

I sometimes get a small breakout from the emu oil (even though it's not supposed to happen), but it's nothing major.

Caveat: One site advised against using emu oil on top of an acid peel.

I detest Emu oil, it brakes me out like crazy! i prefer jojoba oil.

aww geez eusa_doh.gif please don't tell me that ...I just ordered a bottle of it, I should get it by Wednesday.