Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i didnt think i had cystic acne but now i think i might after doing some research. ive looked at pictures and they look like what i have but im not sure. i get zits that are really deep and hard to the touch and they hurt and they also do not go away for a long time and when they finally do im left with a scar. so if i do have cystic acne is there anything besides accutane that i can do to get rid of it? because i am going to the derm soon and i want to know the best options. thanks!

i didnt think i had cystic acne but now i think i might after doing some research. ive looked at pictures and they look like what i have but im not sure. i get zits that are really deep and hard to the touch and they hurt and they also do not go away for a long time and when they finally do im left with a scar. so if i do have cystic acne is there anything besides accutane that i can do to get rid of it? because i am going to the derm soon and i want to know the best options. thanks!

yes bp helps with them..

another tip i learnt from here it to, get a cloth, get it damp with hot water, hold it over ur cyst for 3 mins, do this again and again about 3-5 times, this can really help getting it to come to an head, or make it go down,

you can also try ice.

yes bp helps with them..

another tip i learnt from here it to, get a cloth, get it damp with hot water, hold it over ur cyst for 3 mins, do this again and again about 3-5 times, this can really help getting it to come to an head, or make it go down,

you can also try ice.

leaving is alone IS probably the best, but I find if I do that most of them scar... eusa_think.gif  wacko.gif  and you know what's really strange? the cysts taht I get on my neck, under my chin, well they go away fine and they DON'T LEAVE ANY SCARS!!! wtf??

I would go on accutane if I were you...I will be if after my BCP treatment doesn't work.  biggrin.gif

leaving is alone IS probably the best, but I find if I do that most of them scar... eusa_think.gif  wacko.gif  and you know what's really strange? the cysts taht I get on my neck, under my chin, well they go away fine and they DON'T LEAVE ANY SCARS!!! wtf??

I would go on accutane if I were you...I will be if after my BCP treatment doesn't work.  biggrin.gif

Well we didn't mean leave it alone over a treatment, we just meant leave it alone instead of extraction.  eusa_angel.gif  Accutane is an option, there are others too, but it's probably best not to fiddle with the cyst itself, besides medicating it.  Right?  biggrin.gif

Yeah, i get you! smile.gif But you know, even when I pick at the ones under my chin, they still dont scar....it IS a mystery..maybe i should just start picking at the ones on my face.... eusa_shifty.gif