Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chewy34

Completely clear from regimen

Hey everybody, I started the regimen a few months ago and while I've had days in which I've been completely clear, I've been completely clear now for 2 weeks - which is a big accomplishment for me. Of course you can still see the remnants of acne, but it isn't bad at all; especially compared to my other friends. I'm trying to get my friends to do it, but apparently they doubt how well it works and opt for accutane, which is responsible for the death of a boy who jumped in front of a train near Pally High School where I live in Palo Alto.

My suggestion if the BP isn't working for you is to up your dosage. Before I was using 2 fingers full of BP for pretty much my whole face. I'm using three these days, and while it is more expensive I think t his may be the reason I haven't seen a breakout in 2 weeks (and I just came back from camping!)

Anyway, hold on. The BP worked for me and I hope it will work for you.

- Chui

hey chewy, congratulations! it's funny, I was just thinking about you (even though you probably don't know who I am!) since your log was one of the ones I was following when I first found this website - plus I love the Jack Handy signature! :)

Anyway, that's awesome about you being clear - how long did it take after you upped the dosage? And do you have any red marks?

hey chewy, congratulations! it's funny, I was just thinking about you (even though you probably don't know who I am!) since your log was one of the ones I was following when I first found this website - plus I love the Jack Handy signature!  :)  

Anyway, that's awesome about you being clear - how long did it take after you upped the dosage? And do you have any red marks?

After I upped the dosage it took me maybe four days, but I was already pretty clear before upping the dosage (I was just getting over a bad bout, so I decided to experiment.) Also I've found that for me, acne isn't triggered by foods. During my camping trip I had a ton of junk food and cheese/dairy and none of it made me break out (or the BP is doing a really good job.)

The only downside with upping the dosage is it takes me longer to apply it. At some point, your skin ODs from the benzoyl peroxide and it starts to ball up. I think that means your skin can't hold anymore. You have to get all of the excess BP off of you at that point, or else it'll probably start to come off during some social event. I usually pass it off as leprosy, but people were getting suspicious so I decided I had to be more cautious. I wake up at 6:30 AM even though I live right next to school. I spend 30 minutes showering and doing all of the BP/Eucerin Renewal/ Pure Lip Prevention (to prevent cold sores, haven't had one in 8 months because I do this daily.)

Also I've tried to refrain from touching my face at all. That really messes me up.

Heh, if you like things like my signature, my website features some of my thoughts and ideas that some people find comical. Here's a link

http://www.livejournal.com/users/chui34

Yeah I used Bp while camping, but not too much of it. just 1/3 of what I usually wear. I applied it in secret, of course.

- Chui