Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi im new here..i dont really know where else to go to talk about my acne i really cant stand it anymore. im 20 and i never really had acne that bad when i was younger but now i do and it just sucks so bad because NO ONE has acne anymore. when ever i go out i look at everyones skin and just think how its so not fair that theres is fine and mine is not. i used to be really really self confident and love myself but my acne is really starting to get to me i cant go anywhere without a ton of makeup and even with makeup you can still see my acne. plus i scar really bad..i feel like im 15 with the skin i have ugh...i just wanted to rant a little because this SUCKS mad.gifcry.gif

Guest Shjaker

Well.. Im not 20, but you said you felt 15 with acne and seeing as I am 15 with acne, I can say I know how you're feeling exactly. sad.gif A lot of us do.

If your acne is mild-moderate, might I suggest AcneFree biggrin.gif I've been using it for a month and have seen pretty good improvement. Some first getting-used-to effects, but they usually pass within a week.

Guest theslocX
hi im new here..i dont really know where else to go to talk about my acne i really cant stand it anymore. im 20 and i never really had acne that bad when i was younger but now i do and it just sucks so bad because NO ONE has acne anymore. when ever i go out i look at everyones skin and just think how its so not fair that theres is fine and mine is not.  i used to be really really self confident and love myself but my acne is really starting to get to me i cant go anywhere without a ton of makeup and even with makeup you can still see my acne. plus i scar really bad..i feel like im 15 with the skin i have ugh...i just wanted to rant a little because this  SUCKS mad.gif  cry.gif

Guest theslocX
20  lol.gif

Shows how much you pay attention  eusa_shifty.gif

Yeah... I know what you mean... I'm also 20... And still have acne... While all my friend's acne faded away by now, or has been treated properly, mine persist...

It sucks... it does real bad... I also have a poor social life and all because of it... But I'm trying hard not to let myself down by it... I've totally been on depression because of it... And I've had major problems with even my family...

And you pray... you just pray so much cause thats the only thing you can do about it really... And then notthing changes and you feel so left out...

But you know at some point you just have to stop carring... Most people you will cross won't... Work with it and try other treatments... But don't let it work you out... Really try hard not to... I know you can!

Well good luck! I hope you acne disappears by tommorrow morning!

hi im new here..i dont really know where else to go to talk about my acne i really cant stand it anymore. im 20 and i never really had acne that bad when i was younger but now i do and it just sucks so bad because NO ONE has acne anymore. when ever i go out i look at everyones skin and just think how its so not fair that theres is fine and mine is not.  i used to be really really self confident and love myself but my acne is really starting to get to me i cant go anywhere without a ton of makeup and even with makeup you can still see my acne. plus i scar really bad..i feel like im 15 with the skin i have ugh...i just wanted to rant a little because this  SUCKS mad.gif  cry.gif

hi im new here..i dont really know where else to go to talk about my acne i really cant stand it anymore. im 20 and i never really had acne that bad when i was younger but now i do and it just sucks so bad because NO ONE has acne anymore. when ever i go out i look at everyones skin and just think how its so not fair that theres is fine and mine is not.  i used to be really really self confident and love myself but my acne is really starting to get to me i cant go anywhere without a ton of makeup and even with makeup you can still see my acne. plus i scar really bad..i feel like im 15 with the skin i have ugh...i just wanted to rant a little because this  SUCKS

hey... I am almost 20, and its ironic that I came on and here this post was...I feel so shallow for saying this but I actually just cried on the phone to my boyfriend saying that I don't even want to go out anymore, it's all I think about and I feel so ugly. I too used to feel good about myself but I feel like it's affecting everything in my life, as ridiculous as that seems. But in a way, it's not ridiculous. Maybe if it was something you could hide, like your arm, but it's your face, everybody sees it. It's embarassing and I feel like a child. I've always had some zits, but nothing that was too noticeable. Now, all of the sudden it's horrible and I'm hating myself. I don't understand...they can come up with cures for the craziest stuff, and yet millions of us come to these chat boards searching for consolation because we're too embarassed to show our faces. redface.gif

Well, I'm 29 and I still have acne. At least you guys (especially the teens) still have a chance of growing out of it. I'm doomed forever.

You'll drive yourself crazy comparing your skin to other people's, trust me on this. I know it's hard to stop, though. My best friend has the most flawless skin you've ever seen in your life. Never, ever had a single pimple. She doesn't wear a stich of makeup and I have to look at her every day. I just have to block those thoughts out of my mind, or else I will turn into an evil, jealous person, exactly what I don't want to be.

You do need to get on top of a treatment plan, if you haven't already.

Yeah... I know what you mean... I'm also 20... And still have acne... While all my friend's acne faded away by now, or has been treated properly, mine persist...

It sucks... it does real bad... I also have a poor social life and all because of it... But I'm trying hard not to let myself down by it... I've totally been on depression because of it... And I've had major problems with even my family...

And you pray... you just pray so much cause thats the only thing you can do about it really... And then notthing changes and you feel so left out...

But you know at some point you just have to stop carring... Most people you will cross won't... Work with it and try other treatments... But don't let it work you out... Really try hard not to... I know you can!

Well good luck! I hope you acne disappears by tommorrow morning!

I think we need to remember that even though other people don't have zits or scars they have other things going on with them. Everyone is self conscious about something! Sometimes I realize how self centered I am being....always so self conscious about my skin and not wanting to go out with my friends because I think I look disguisting. I have had friends get mad at me for not going out with them (they think I am being ridiculous and doing myself an injustice by not having fun, not to mention hurting their feelings by not going out with them)...and I think they are right. I am so lucky to have such great friends to remind me not to take my acne so seriously and also to remind me to not be so self conscious, everyone is worried about something. Oh, and to yell at me when I am being too self centered, haha it's kinda mean but I appreciate it. I think everyone deserves to have such good friends.

YungBlaqPearl - If you are not able to see a dermatologist I would suggest you try out some of the regimens on this site....there are sure a lot and you just might find one that works for you (with a few changes here and there). I have seen dermatologists for the past ten years (I started getting acne with I was 10) but I finally decided to take control of my acne on my own and I have had better results than any derm has been able to give me. Educate yourself and experiment!

That's true. I used to be one of the smallest guys in 10th grade. I'd go like damn I want to get into puberty, grow bigger and taller :/ Now I'm tall, built, but with loads of acne. Now I want to get OUT of puberty =. =

My point being, I'm sure there are some clear-skinned people with imperfections they percepted in their life. (e.g. previous cited example, height, brawn)

I agree with you 100%. It made me cry when I read what you wrote. I am sch a baby about my acne. I'm the only one in my family who has it this bad. you won't believe all the crying I do over it (alone in my room at night). I constantly ask my mother to set up dermatologist appointments, but she never does and it makes me sick. She doesn't care about my true feelings involving acne. My bestfriends have perfect skin, that makes me sick too. The other day one of my friends was making fun of a huge pimple I had on my nose and I just laughed it off, but she didn't know how much that hurt. I can't stand her anyway, she's so rude. I have no idea why God gave me this horrid disease. Lately I've been wondering why. Why me?

I don't know, but I have a friend who had it bad on the face, and no one ever commented about it at all. I have a few zits and they all come to point it out. My point is, they think its insignificant to you and don't think its a big deal that's why they joke about it, even though they're not very tactical with their words.