Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Shjaker

Diet, sleep, and water.

Guest Shjaker

I know everyone's different when it comes to diet, but generally if you eat healthier will you have less breakouts?

Does sleep effect acne? How/in which way?

Does drinking lots of water lessen breakouts?

I think that eating properly and drinking lots of H20 makes you feel better, so maybe you have less stress, and don't have stress breakouts? Also, I think that drinking lots of water makes the oil you produce less concentrated, which would be better for your fac.

Guest OnlyJoe

When you eat healthier your skin will have a healthier glow, regardless of breakouts.

Water lessens breakouts because it flushes out toxins. EDIT ( i think )

And i know lots of sleep is good, i dont know why probally because of stress.

Guest Shjaker

Should you go to bed early and get up early? o.O Or does it not matter when you go to bed, just as long as you get enough sleep?

it doesn't matter when i sleep, but if i sleep for a longer period of time, the inflammation of the zit decreases. I really don't know why, but the inflamation/redness decreases.

Guest Shjaker

Does sugar effect acne much?

Guest OnlyJoe

Im not sure why sugar aggravates acne, maybe one of the diet gurus here can help *hint hint nudge nudge

Well i do know that sleep is really important for acne because when you are sleep the body is really in a reapair mode. It begins to cleanse itself and heal. Thats why its important for a acne sufferer to be on a high nutrient diet coonsisting of vitamins and minerals so that when they sleep the body can use these minerals to aid in healing. Also notice that first thing in the mornin you need to go to the toilet? this is because at night your liver is working hard to de-activate toxins and it dumps them in your kidneys or colon. Then in the morning you will dispose of them.

*3 litres of mineralk water per day

*8 hours sleep per night, if i add an extra hour i go to bed earlier rather than lying in

*plenty of fruit and vegi's

*not too much junk food, but the odd treat here or there never hurts.NO CAFFEIN OR FIZZY POP

*occasional sunbed session

*b5

keeps me relatively clear but everyone is diffrent

I've been trying to drink at least a half gallon of water a day for two weeks. Haven't had any new zits since then, but still a lot of red marks. I'd keep doing it even if it didn't work, I'm sure it has increased my energy level. Buy a water filter, it's an excellent investment.

I've been trying to drink at least a half gallon of water a day for two weeks. Haven't had any new zits since then, but still a lot of red marks. I'd keep doing it even if it didn't work, I'm sure it has increased my energy level. Buy a water filter, it's an excellent investment.

I know everyone's different when it comes to diet, but generally if you eat healthier will you have less breakouts?

Does sleep effect acne? How/in which way?

Does drinking lots of water lessen breakouts?