Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soufrits

new here

ok i will try and make this short...i have always had acne since i can remember. It comes and goes and seems every few years it gets really bad. Three years ago i got fed up and went to a derm. After a few months of prescibing me topical gels and such that did nothing but dry my skin out my derm put me on minocin and a bp gel. it was at about the same time my ma got me proactive...so i started the minocin and proactive at the same time and scrapped the bp gel that the derm prescribed. I dont remember how long exactly it took to work but it worked and it worked amazingly. I was weened off the minocin after a year. I was a little nervous but my derm made me do it. I kept using the proactive on and off and surprisingly i had no problems. None at all my face stayed 99% clear for just over a year and a half.

Now just before x-mas i started getting a few big pimples at that time of month so i passed it off as stress. O boy was i wrong by the end of january my cheeks were broken right out.

i went back to my doc who needed to refer me to my derm again because it had been so long since my last visit but in the mean time prescribed me another round of minocin. It has been a week and a half and i am not sure if this is working???

i do notice that the inflamation of these new zits has gone down they are not as sore as they were i have had a few new ones show up but i think they were on their way before i started the minocin...

so my regimen right now is...

100mg minocin 2 times a day.

morning

phisoderm 4way cleanser

proactive solution

night

phisoderm

proactive

I use a bit of tea tree oil every so often aswell.

I am just hoping this settles soon and sooooo glad there is a forum for us to rant on about it.

Hi, ok so I saw ur post and had to reply because it sounds exactly like my situation. I was in minocin about 3 years ago and it worked great. I had clear skin that everyone comented on for about 2 years. Well now I've been back on minocin for 2 months, still not a great improvment, I'm not sure if it's working. I just ordered pro active a few weeks ago and it should be here any day. Does this really work???I really really hope so.

proactive kinda works but then after ur off it , it makes ur skin look retarded! and while u put all that toner and the other cream it makes ur face look so dumb, its like u have a plastic face, putting all that stuff together on ur face, look like an oily face! i had mild acne when i took it and after i was off it my acne got wayyy worse , i couldnt beleive it, cuz none of my parents had acne and none of my bros did, i wish i would of never taken proactive, ! but give it a try if u want it might work better for u

it works well for some and not for others just like every other so called remedy.

i have never had a problem with it yet and have used it and stopped it a few times.

hope it does ya good...

and as for todays log...

the few new pimples that have surfaced since i started the minocin arent getting bigger or smaller, they dont hurt like usual they are just kinda there.

I find mine's the same...I still do get some breakouts still though. I haven't really looked in the mirror much today, don't wanna deal with it.

BTW: I've used phisoderm 2, just ran out actually. It works pretty good. Better than neutrogena.

I just started on minocin, and I'm using the Phisoderm cleanser too. Let's hope this works... do you find Phisoderm to be kind of drying, at all?

ok two weeks today since ive been back on the minocin...little changestill 4 pretty large pimples that are staying the same...its like they are frozen in time...and 2 new small whiteheads...i wish i remembered how long it was to see results the first time i took it...just wanting this shit to kick in...ARGH!!!