Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sally7777

Any senstive skin pll here apply BP both day+nite?

For those of you that have sensitive skin,

How long did it take for your skin to ADJUST to applying BP TWICE a day? (e.g day + nite)

From the previous posts, it seems most of US (senstitive skin ppl) manage to apply BP only at nite, once a week, alternate days , etc....BUT IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT ACTUALLY MANAGED TO REV THE DOSAGE UP TO 2x A DAY? How long did it take for your skin to get used to it? 2 months? 3 months? 4 months? etc

(i hope your reply will give us some hope, so we dun give up) (maybe we could follow your regiment instead)

PS: "adjust", meaning your skin doesnt "sting with pain" when you put BP

Thanks for your post, Sally. I'm going to watch this post with great interest! I'm always looking for more info sharing from my sensitive skin brethren. biggrin.gif \

BTW- I'm more than 2 1/2 mos in and can only manage about 2/3rd of a finger for my whole face. Recently I dropped back to even less because of irritation, flaking and redness. Maybe when spring is here (more humidity) I'll trying upping it again.

I have very sensitive (and dry) skin. Thats why I dont go to my derm anymore for my acne. He prescribes these horrible products (Differin, Benzaclin) that only give me a burn or a red itchy rash.

So, to answer your ?, I only use BP once a day:at night. I have used it twice a day with no bad side effects. I just chose to give my skin that break all day, plus it ruins the collars on my shirts. If you do want to try using it twice a day, start slow, like Dan suggests, or maybe even only use it once a day for like a week or two, then gradually start using twice, and increase the amounts slowly to.

Good Luck!

yep, me too "once a day", and at nite....

*halfway chomping on oily deep-fried potato chips & choclate soda* *chomp*

huh? what? it wasn't me, i swear!

yep, me too "once a day", and at nite....

*halfway chomping on oily deep-fried potato chips & choclate soda* *chomp*

huh? what? it wasn't me, i swear!

I was also wondering this...

Like some oral anti-bitotics only last about 12 hours, thats why you need to take 2x/day doses to get a good effect, also with many other products

Wondering how long BP gel lasts as a defence on your face..12 hours?...24?