Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a date tomorrow...normally I'm not that nervous, but usually just excited when I go on a date. Tomorrow I have a date with a really hot guy. And my face of coarse looks like more crap then usual. When he first met me I was clearer and it was in a bar with dim lights. Now all I can think is why am I even bothering to go? Then on monday I have a job interview...I dunno how that is going to go when I am feeling so self conscious of my face.

Why can't this just go away so I can lead a normal acne free life?? I just want to wake up and think about how I am going to enjoy my day, not I wonder how many new zits popped up this morning and how amd I going to hide it. I can't even remember seeing a girl face to face with acne as bad as mine!

How do you guys cope on a first date or job interview?

If he doesnt want to go out with you again cause of your face, then (I hate to sound so cliche) he's not worth it.

PS-Stress causes more acne (and belly fat haha) so stop stressing.

Guest Zitro

On a first date, I can be overly excited and nervous as well as self-conscious at the same time. Try to not show any of these 3 feelings, be the person you are, don't look away and think about that acne flareup too much ... I know it sucks, but don't make it ruin the date. If he doesn't care about the zits, then he's a great guy, as well as hot as you say.

Good luck, hope it gets wub.gifwub.gif for you

OMG! shock.gif You go on dates...job interviews..what? I dream about those..I last date I went on...(if you call it that) was....I can't really remember..hmmm that's sad..oh yeah last summer, come to think of it I never been on a real date. and interviews please... I cant really tell you how I cope...never really had dates or interviews...

OMG! shock.gif  You go on dates...job interviews..what? I dream about those..I last date I went on...(if you call it that) was....I can't really remember..hmmm that's sad..oh yeah last summer, come to think of it I never been on a real date. and interviews please... I cant really tell you how I cope...never really had dates or interviews...

The trick to having awesome first dates, is to act like you've known the person forever. The sooner you can get comfortable around them, the better. Here's are three things to do that:

1. Touch them. (it doesn't have to be in the genitals, hehe) If you're a girl, tell him he has nice arms, and then hold onto one. If a guy, offer an arm, or hold her hand.

2. Try to talk about crap they like, and act enthousastic. Even if it's something stupid.

3. This the one that works best, I think. If you're not the one driving, have a few drinks. Loosens me up every time.

Best of luck! (im sure you wont need it!)

Thanks everyone for the good tips and responses! Actually, we ended up having to postpone our date, so I got lucky. *whew* I'm hoping my face won't be so bad next time we meet up. But I had my job interview...I think it went okay? Well I'm crossing my fingers. The scary part is I have to dress up for work if I get the job. But I need money!

And scarred4lyfe...I know what you mean. But this past year I have been trying to get out anyways, even though my face is crap. I'm tired of not living my life! I look back at my life at highschool or even early college and how social I was and happy with clear skin. I want to be like that again even with acne. It has its ups and downs doing life this way...(living on the edge...hehehe) but sometimes the ups makes up for all the crap and disappointments.

If he's a guy, he shouldn't care about whether or not you have acne. It can't be that bad... Just let it go for tonight and have a good time.