Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LaChupacabra

Questions and my story...sorry for length

:) Okay well I've had mild acne ever since freshman year, and ive tried everything. It's really not as bad as some kids, but it still makes me so depressed. I mustve spent over 600 dollars on acne medications. First I tried the clearisil products( basically all of them ) which didnt work. Then clean and clear...only thing that are good are the powder puff oil thing and the oil sheets..Then I was put on Differin GEL alone, that didnt work. only made my face red and dry...the Differin CREAM worked alot better for me, and i was put on that with Benzamycin? i believe its called..I mixed the Benzoyl Peroxide with some other medicine...Endotrylablbahl..I thought it was working, then stopped. Went to the Derm..and im too afraid to try accutane...and i DO only have mild acne...Im a pretty fit kid, in shape and healthy, and my parents had a little acne when they were kids, but not as bad as mine. Im stressed out alot, but im not sure if thats what is causing it. Neutrogena stuff works okay for me, but I cant rely on the benzoyl alone, so I got Tazorac. FOr awhile this stuff seemed to do wonders...Then I tried to go on Vitamin A with it..and..is there an initial breakout with Vit A? Because my face was looking damn near perfect until I started it..*sigh * I also touch and pick at my face too much..its a bad habit..but..I hate having somethign sticking out. I dont know what to do...Ive tried everything from steaming to clearisil to neutrogena to blemish bomb to blackhead strips to diet ( if anyone has any tips tell me please! )...so if anyone could answer my questions..or give me some kind of response...itd be appreciated..First time on the boards...I have a girlfriend too..for a year and a half..and im always afraid she deserves better than me. SOrry for the length

Peace

Im afraid it will never get better...accutane looks so appealing to me...but that list of side effects..and that intitial break out....etc...i just cant do it!

hmm--ok lemme tell you--now im pretty much clear--but i was so annoyed with my acne that at one point I considered accutane.

heres what I think--so benzamycin seemed to kind of work for you, and tazorac seemed to kind of work for you, rite? I think you should use both of them simulanteously! thats what I do--but I use benzaclin instead of benzamycin (i actually used benzamycin for like 7 years, but built up a resistance, benzaclin is practically the same thing, but u dont have to put it in the fridge, and u build up less resistance to clindamycin) ask ur derm if you can use benzaclin in the morning, and the tazorac at night, cuz the bp heals what you have, and the tazorac prevents acne in the future...so its a great combo! (i can even miss a night because of...ahem...partying and my face wont go crazy) and I use purpose bar soap, and vita k solution as a moisurizer! i think this combo would work great for you if you want to give it a try! it works for me!

Where do you get the Vit K stuff from? I cant find it anywhere! It's good for red marks too...tazorac seems to be working for me now...and especially those biore pore strips for blackheads...its amazing how much those things do. The only problem I have really..isnt so much blemishes..but marks from where they used to be...and i heard vit k is good for reducing the red marks..so..yeah i was gonna try that. I do see some minor blemishes underneath the skin..like if i pull it back and make it tight..i can see some little bumps..but I think they are just blackheads also? Im using a gentle aveeno cleanser ( the one with oatmeal) and the aveeno moisturizer for acne prone skin...and...i just hope this controls it for now. I do want to get the vit K though..so if you have any ideas where to get it..please tell! :)

Also,...how do you put benzamycin on in the morning? I had to mix the two things together in the palm of my hand..and when i put it on there was a thin white layer of film over my skin...unless you're talking about a benzamycin in an already mixed format?

they dont mix it for you????????? thats weird--the pharmacist is supposed to mix it--ur not supposed to do ne thing--and if theres a white layer ur putting too much on, put like barely enough to cover ur skin--and then put on moisturizer. I like purpose bar soap (its the best thing ive found) and i use vita k as a moisturizer--im in california, and i got it at longs drugs--but I kno u can also order it over the internet, but im not sure where! (sorry) its like 10 bucks or something for a big bottle.

Hey there,

Honestly I can relate to you. I have had acne for 8 years, where I have gone from almost flawless skin to what many will call mild acne. I just got sick and tired of it all, especially using all the creams, lotions, potions, antibiotics (actually mino worked great for me for a year until it stopped working). I just got tired so I decided to try accutane and therefore I am on it now. I am on my third day so the side effects have yet to kick in. But honestly I just got tired of it all and I want to get rid of it once and for all. I hope this accutane treatment will cure my acne for good considering I have miold acne and also I have past puberty years ago. Maybe accutane will help you too.

one of the best tips i can give is to stay away fom any type of medicated acne washs while your using your medications no matter what you end up using. the cleansing part of your routine is only there to prepare your skin for the medication not prevent acne. this and using very light moisturizer every day helped me become clear

yeah i took accutane when i was 17 and it cleared me up totally for about 2 years. I seriously didnt think the side effects were too bad apart from the initial breakout. everyones different though. i guess the lifestyle you lead will also add to the side effects.

My acne never came back to the stage where i would be allowed back on accutane but it was very persistant.

whatever you choose to do in regards to medications just remember that the key is to be gentle to your skin and try and return it to its correct balance. If your skins constantly dry from over cleaning your going to produce more oil resulting in more clogged pores and hence more acne.

try to keep your skin healthy but clean and let the medications do there stuff.

good luck whatever you choose. :-

oh yeah i forgot to mention i use differin cream and 50mg minocin a day. ive used the differin gel before and it worked a little but was a bit harsh. with differin you have to be very patient and persistant.

well..as of now...my acne is fading( well its looks like its not that bad anymore )..somewhat..i havent had actual blemishes pop up...but...Ive been using aveeno face wash...aveeno clear skin moisturizer...tazorac .05 gel...vit A ( beta carotene and the fish liver oil )..vit B-50 vit C...vit E..Zinc and then my Multi-vitamin...I can still see blackheads? or some little bumps under my skin, but..nothing has come to a head...I have prom in 2 weeks! It better stay this way! Lol...I havent used the benzamycin in awhile..and im sticking strictly to tazorac...it seems to be working..but who knows..Ill keep ya updated..Still cant find that Vit K...damn! lol