Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
some guy

Vitamins while on accutane

My derm told me a regular multivitamin that includes Vitamin A is safe, but Vitamin A supplements are not. I would suggest you ask your doctor about your case.

anything other than vitamin A is ok. I also like to avoid vitamin E because it makes me more oily and I feel it can get in the way of accutane which is trying to reduce oiliness.

That really leaves only vitamin B and C. Go for it.

The real effect that accutane has isnt as much to do with oilyness as it is to do with prevent pores from getting blocked.

Vitamin B is okay to take with Accutane as are many other vitamins and supplements, except Vitamin A. Still, be aware that certain supplements such as Echinacea contain Vitamin A, even though it isn’t listed on the bottle.

My derm told me a regular multivitamin that includes Vitamin A is safe, but  Vitamin A supplements are not.  I would suggest you ask your doctor about your case.

In all honesty, I would stay away from a Multi-Vitamin containing Vitamin A while on Accutane just to be safe. There are other, better ways to get nutrients as opposed to vitamins. Eating healthy is one of the best things you can do. If you are going to take vitamins, however, grab a multi that doesn’t contain Vitamin A or do what I do, pile up on lot of different things to take daily.

Contrary to popular belief, listening to doctors can sometimes make you more unhealthy.