Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kabol

Question accutane

I asked my regular doc about it, before I decided to go back to a derm, because I had to wait so long to see a derm....

anyways, my regular doc said no way was he even going to think of prescribing "that stuff" for me....

which I thought was VERY rude, but thats besides the point...

anyways, good luck! biggrin.gif

Im in canada and you can get a perscription even from a walk in clinic. I went there and got a 3 month perscription.

Acne isn't really GP's area. Most of them prefer not to prescribe it anyway. I think it would be best to have a derm. prescribe it to you.

I am in the US and I have not seen a doctor that could prescribe it. I got a referral to a derm to get it.

pretty sure any MD can prescribe it, just most GPs don't because they aren't experts and don't really want to be responsible for a derms job.

I live in Canada and I asked 2 c my derm. and my doc. just keeps trying 2 put me on accutane. I was told by my doc. that I only have 2 options...keep doing what I am doing now or try accutane. I dunno, it kinda' scares me. I won't do it.