Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
some guy

My accutane log... with pictures

I'm finally starting my first course of accutane today. 40mg of Claravis once a day (I weigh around 60kg), and I'll be using Cetaphil moisturizer and just regular Chapstick.

I guess I should introduce myself. I've been lurking these boards for a while now but never really got around to posting until today. My name is John, I'm 17 and I'm a college freshman. I haven't been able to enjoy college like most other people due to my self-consciousness about my acne which put me through a lot of depression and pain. I started getting acne when I was 13, but it was always on the mild-moderate side, as I only got a bunch of whiteheads and blackheads with only a couple of big red zits that I could control with some benzoyl peroxide. Last summer, right before I started college, my acne got significantly worse. I'd only had acne on my cheeks, temples, and nose, but it suddenly spread like crazy, covering my forehead and neck. My cheeks and nose are fairly clear now, but my temples, forehead, and neck are COVERED with acne (I have, however, been lucky enough to not get any cysts - I thnk). After trying pretty much everything the past two years (retin-a, tazorac, doxycycline, minocycline, dan's regimen, etc.) my derm finally prescribed me accutane after seeing how bad my acne had gotten. I also have extremely sensitive skin that scars VERY easily, so I'll probably be left with a ton of dark spots if my acne does clear sad.gif.

I hate my life right now, all I do everyday is stay glued in my dorm room doing absolutely nothing. I've totally withdrawn myself from people and don't pick up calls and stopped going on AIM... I'm hoping accutane will clear me up and help me regain my self confidence and life.

Anyways, I plan to post at least once a week. Any advice or suggestions you guys have for me regarding accutane is definately appreciated.

I just took these pictures today right after I got out of the shower (before I applied moisturizer) so my skin looks really dry. I also have these big weird shallow bumps near my ear, I don't know if they're cysts or not.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I found that just the regular chapstick didnt cut it. My lips looked fine but felt really dry. Try the burts beeswax, its definetly good stuff. Good luck to you.

wow ur acne is pretty bad.

Look on the good side ur derm gave you accutane.

my parents wont even take me to the derm so i cant even fream of getting accutane.

Poor me.

aww your acne looks so painful! I'm also a freshmen in college and I have been having trouble with my cofidence as well- i know how you feel. My acne is a lot milder then yours, so you must have a lot harder of time with school and stuff. I know its hard, just keep your head up and always stay positive- or at least try smile.gif I was on accutane when i was 16 and my acne was about the same as yours, just give it time and A LOT of moisterizer and chapstick smile.gif It is worth it tho, my acne just recently started to come back ( im now 19) and it is now mild- just a few zits here and there. But i have heard for a lot of ppl who go on accutane it NEVER comes back , so hopefully you are one of the lucky ones. Well good luck ! I hope you see improvement fast- but be aware it will get worse before it improves, so just stick it out!

Tessa

Hey guys, I've been meaning to update this for a while but never really got around to it until now.

Well I'm almost done with my first month, and things are going really good for me. My face has improved a ton, as I only have 3 or 4 zits right now, it feels nice to have my skin feel so smooth. I do have a lot of brown/red marks but I'm going to try not to worry about that right now, I just need to get rid of all my active acne first. While my face is clearing up nicely, my neck isn't doing too good, I've been breaking out along my jawline and I've been getting a couple of big zits on the sides of my neck, which totally sucks, but I know that in a few months I'll be fine.

I'm also grateful that I haven't run into any major side effects thus far, as I only have dry lips right now (even my skin isn't that dry yet). I've been using Burt's Beeswax for my lips and it's working great, much better than anything else I've tried.

Can't think of anything else useful to write, except that I'm definately glad I went on accutane. Thanks for the replies, and I'll update again in a week (or two)!

Hey guys, I've been meaning to update this for a while but never really got around to it until now.

Well I'm almost done with my first month, and things are going really good for me. My face has improved a ton, as I only have 3 or 4 zits right now, it feels nice to have my skin feel so smooth. I do have a lot of brown/red marks but I'm going to try not to worry about that right now, I just need to get rid of all my active acne first. While my face is clearing up nicely, my neck isn't doing too good, I've been breaking out along my jawline and I've been getting a couple of big zits on the sides of my neck, which totally sucks, but I know that in a few months I'll be fine.

I'm also grateful that I haven't run into any major side effects thus far, as I only have dry lips right now (even my skin isn't that dry yet). I've been using Burt's Beeswax for my lips and it's working great, much better than anything else I've tried.

Can't think of anything else useful to write, except that I'm definately glad I went on accutane. Thanks for the replies, and I'll update again in a week (or two)!

Yeah, you should be clear soon enough, It's been almost a month for me on roaccutane and my skin is pretty clear. My lips are cracked and hurt so bad I havnt been eating well because of it I can barely open my mouth. I havn't been using moisterizer at all though I intend to get Cetaphil ASAP because my skin is beginning to get very dry. I'm also kinda afraid of taking a shower coz once I'm out my skin flakes like crazy, that's only when you look right upto the mirror but still make you feel dirty. Anyways gud luck with accutane I'll be reading your log so keep us updated.

Im reading all the posts on here and it seems that accutane is working well for everyone...........I really wanna go on accutane. Im the same way.........I saty home all day and just wish i had confidence.........clear skin......I dont wanna give up tho

This site is a good thing.....everyone can relate to eachother....people without acne just cant.

I eusa_pray.gif everyones acne clears

twocanyan sorry for the lateeeee reply...

Acutane is doing me awsome favours, cheers mate.

So accutane is doing good for you huh....Im glad to hear that.........What do you use to wash your face?