Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MacroMike

My brother must've discovered the cure..

My brother who is now 20 joined the army with bad acne, at one point in his life he had it unbelievably bad. I have it bad myself, just mostly on my forehead. THe red scarring,puss,etc,everything. Anyways he left for bootcamp in July(this was a lil while back) and when he graduated, we went to visit him, he was already skinny, he lost a lil more weight, but he had lost almost all his acne, he still had afew pimples, but they werent a bright red color, they were his skin color. Frickin amazing. I asked him what he ate,etc. THey had spagheti,steak, all the normal things, except no junk food or ice cream. They even used bar soap to was their faces. My point? the Gov. knows something eusa_doh.gif but no seriously, whatever went down there is what cures acne, his face was so bad, its not something that could just fade so easily in the course of 4 months, and he's living clear now too.

Maybe he just grew out of it, or maybe it was the exercise or lack of stress (since he was probably kept too busy to even think about stress.)

it may be the excercise. HE did excercise 3-5 times a week a few months prior toleaving. Iam also a cross country runner and weight lift 3x a week, hasnt helped me. I think what did it was either the diet,the stress, the thought that you there with thoose guys for 4 months and you dont care/think of what you look like so it just escaped his mind? most of all, i think it was the rest/sleep. He'd hit the sack at 9-10 pm and get up early in the morning. Like i said though, he had it entirely bad, he used pills,differin,tazorac,retina,benzaclin,etc. didnt work, he leaves for 4 months and comes back lookin great.

ok....maybe he did. But if he was to have not left for bootcamp and stayed home for thoose 4 months, i dont see how his acne could've magically went away

I was in the army once, but didnt get less acne beacuse due to the exercises, now about 3 years later i still have acne but not as much as i had then. Now i use glycolic acid, acne 101e, i dont eat junkfood and trying my best to keep from dairy products. I belive that Macromikes brothers "diet" made him loose much of his acne, i my self noticed the change when i stopped eating junkfood and lost some kilo in body mass.

he definitely grew out of it. If anything, that is a dirtier life. Sweating all day + comudegenic things on your face such as camo. That is where acne grows. hopefully this means you'll grow out of it soon also!