Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phil_b

wanting to try the 'just water' method

hi

I would love to ditch the use of my cleansers as my skin feels better without, but i do use some concealer daily. Im not sure if just water would get in deep enough to pull out the makeup i put on or not. can anyone advise or comment?

hi! you've been doing my just water regimen huh? did u transition from vinegar to water? how's your skin now?

Mine's the same, but my skin texture improved dramatically. They're all "blending in" because I don't use any more dangerous medications, and etc.

I just started using concealers too, and it's really hard to take it off with water so use some kind of cleanser, a gentle one. I Cetaphil and gently massage my face for 20 or 30 seconds until all the make-up is gone.

So, how's your skin using my regimen.

lol, do you scan the boards for those taking up your reg or summat???

yea, i decided to ditch the topicals after reading through your thread and noticing the simplicity of it all. My skin has always felt much better just using water but ive always thought a cleanser is needed to shed the dead skin etc. I only used vinegar briefly, im not a big fan. I think it does improve the texture of the skin a bit but i dont like the way it emphasis red marks (at first anyway). Even though they go back down its just a psychological thing, I dont like to see that. ya know..

so... I beleive a cleanser will be necesary at night to take off the makeup effectively but thats all i do and have been gradually improving. I rekon in a month i should be looking pretty clear. Unless a break out hits me.

I cant imagine going back to putting bp and moisturiser etc etc on every morning and night. ack, that was horrible.

oh yeah, and red marks are back to fading fast now, rather than taking many many months through BP.

If anyone else has any thoughts on effectively romiving makeup without stressing the skin it would be appreciated.

thanks

I'm in the same position as you. I wouldn't use any face wash if I didn't wear makeup. I was just washing with a very gentle face wash by aubrey organics. That worked well, except then I started using this liquid mineral makeup that is just minerals, emu oil and tea tree oil (an acne dream makeup), and I found that the aubreys wasn't removing all the makeup. I have started using emu oil instead. I know it sounds crazy, but I just rub emu oil all over my face and massage it around with some warm water for awhile and its like it melts the makuep off your face. If you have really oily skin, you might not like this but emu oil should not make you break out. I rub some of the excess emu oil off with a towel and massage the rest into my face.

Cleanser were to rough on my face so I decided to go a different route to remove makeup at night. I wear conceler, foundation and powder. To remove it at night I simply use Huggies Sensative Baby Wipes and my face has impoved sooooooo much. Try it out it helped me way more than the topicals

I definitely would not suggest using just water

since you wear concealer..

Use a soap-free face wash.

I personally like these two: 1] sage skincare sensitive facial shampoo

2] Johnson & johnson's head to toe baby wash

I have used both, and still use them,

and they don't break me out and remove my makeup.

hi! you've been doing my just water regimen huh? did u transition from vinegar to water? how's your skin now?

Mine's the same, but my skin texture improved dramatically. They're all "blending in" because I don't use any more dangerous medications, and etc.

I just started using concealers too, and it's really hard to take it off with water so use some kind of cleanser, a gentle one. I Cetaphil and gently massage my face for 20 or 30 seconds until all the make-up is gone.

So, how's your skin using my regimen.

Cleanser were to rough on my face so I decided to go a different route to remove makeup at night. I wear conceler, foundation and powder. To remove it at night I simply use Huggies Sensative Baby Wipes and my face has impoved sooooooo much. Try it out it helped me way more than the topicals

you should not use a nonfoaming cleanser (i.e. Cetaphil) to remove make up, because that stuff is too weak for it. either use a make up removing cleanser, face cream, or non-scented baby wipes to remove make up. i personally like baby wipes, because they're cheap and quick in removing make up.

Hmm... cetaphil helps on taking off my make-up. Maybe it just depends on how much make up you put on.

Sometimes, I also use baking-soda mask. That takes the make up off really good.

hi

I would love to ditch the use of my cleansers as my skin feels better without, but i do use some concealer daily. Im not sure if just water would get in deep enough to pull out the makeup i put on or not. can anyone advise or comment?

my doc told me to wash as much make up off with water and finally cleanse with the cleanser he prescribe......... he said that if the face is not that thoroughly cleansed its okie cos it wont affect the acne rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif ...... wat do you ppl think? He told me not to use makeup remover.....also, do some of you experience a little stingy feeling when using make up remover?