Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yesterday, I had a follow-up dematologist appointment (my last one was three months ago). Since then, my purple/dark red pigmentation marks have made VERY little/no changes.

Well, I have the appointment, and this woman prescribes me with 5 (yes F-I-V-E) new prescriptions! On TOP of my old ones! Ok, she says to do something like this now......(Christ....)

MORNING:

*wash

*apply antibaterial stuff (prescription)

*moisturizer

*makeup

*Some pill thing

NIGHT:

*wash

*benzaclin

*retin a and some other prescription mixed together

*moisturizer

*Some pill thing

Then, she says that after track, I have to swab my face with some other prescription stuff. What the hell??????? I SO do not want to do all of this crap! I bet she just wants our money....I mean, the woman was scribbling prescriptions left and right!

Me: After track, I always have to go home and wash my face immediately.

Her: Well, I have another little solution for that as well.

Me: (pissed off)

Is this bad? Is she full of crap? I was kinda scared, actually, when she gave me all of this!!!!!HELP!!!!!

Oh danger! That's a LOT of shit to be doing to your face every day. I would honestly never do that stuff. I'd be like "bitch, put me on accutane right now, i'm not taking all of this worthless shit!" Yeah, that's what i'd say to her, hehe. I mean, it could possibly work but I swear to god, the more you do to your face the worse it gets....at least my old situation was like that.

-Shawn-

I swear, as soon as these pigmentation marks are gone, I'm sticking with ONLY BENZACLIN and that ani-bacterial stuff called KLARON.

Oh, and screw the exercise swabs! I mean, I asked her if Oxy pads were the same thing, and she said ,"No, these actually have special medicine in them." That's a load of $#&@ in my opinion.

I told her I get a new zit probably every 2 weeks, and she says, "That's too often." Well, it's better than getting one every day, now isn't it! My face is going to burn so much it'll burst into flames LOL.

Sorry for the ranting, but I feel like a pharmacy on wheels. Hey, who knows- it could work! (shrugs with doubtful look on face). Won't know until I try!

caline :roll:

I wouldn't do all that on my face, no way !! You said your derm said that getting a zit every two weeks is too much lol what a joke plenty of people that don't eve consider themselves worthy of acne treatment get the odd zit every 2-3 weeks. It seems that

1) she is an awful derm thats answer to every problem is just to scribble a pescription with little or no explanation. You are then left not quite understanding why you have all this new medication and you make another appointment.

2) Shes after your money.

Adam

i have heard that retin a and bp neutralize eachother--so why is she having u put benzaclin and retin a on at the same time? ne ways she sounds like shes full of you know what--and u prolly need to see a new derm!!

wouldnt do this is I were you....it's gonna totally mess up your skin. damn that's a LOT of stuff.....if you really want to get clear....go for Accutane....**the only thing that works**

greets Marc

I'll try it out- but I really don't want to. I mean, this is what you call product overload!!!

I'm getting new breakouts with this stuff- I haven't had a true breakout in months!!!

I'll let you guys know if it works. She said it's going to take a lot of time (I bet the time itself will be more helpful than the products, haha).

I hope this doesn't screw up my skin like you guys say!!!:*(

I might not use one of the products she prescribed, and I'm probably not going to take the pills. It's too much of a hassle!!!

caline :?

personally i think the pills should be the first thing to keep. use the pills and the retin-a and wash with a medicated cleanser in the morning and night i guess.

hmmm....Maybe I should only use (prescription wise)

*retin a

*anibacterial

*pills

*benzaclin

the other stuff (starts with an "A") just feels ICKY. Well, that's practically all of them, lol. Oh, and the clindets feel really good after exercising. They cool down your face and clean your pores out pretty nicely.

yeah just the benzaclin in the morning, and the retin a at night, and use the antibacterial stuff with both of them- benzol peroxide and retin a NEUTRALIZE eachother, and if u use them at the same time they both become ineffective