Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you find yourself constantly making up excuses not to go out because of your acne?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find yourself constantly making up excuses not to go out because of your acne?

• Yes, all the time
    • No, I still go out, I'm not letting acne stop me.
    • Sometimes, when its get really bad.

Since my acne is basically horrible 98% of the time...I tend to not go out at all...and I've pushed alot of people away because of it sad.gif But do you make up excuses not to go out because of your acne or do you still proceed on with your life inspite that you have acne?

Guest Shjaker

Yep. Im always making up excuses. But then again, maybe I'm not because it's not as if I could afford to go out anyway. My family is pretty poor.

i just think , fuck it and go out and try and forget about it, still did the same while it was at its worst too.

not my fault i got acne, why should i suffer.. sigh

just adams way of thinking.

Yeah I make up excuses alot. I especially don't like to make any commitments to anything in the future since I don't know if I will be broke out at the time. But I'll usually make myself go out and have fun at least once a week.

I'm not sure what to answer here. Because I rarely go out, but theres nobody to make excuses to. razz.gif I don't really stay in because of acne, I just have nothing to do outside really. confused.gif

I'm not sure what to answer here.  Because I rarely go out, but theres nobody to make excuses to.  razz.gif  I don't really stay in because of acne, I just have nothing to do outside really.  confused.gif

well thats up to you i gess bud..... im just an out door kinda person,

too bad the weather is crap over here...

I think, in my case, I used to make up excuses not to go out. This was back in high school and most of college. However, I think due to this I developed other hobbies than just going clubbing and getting smashed. Whether negative or positive, I am now a lot different than my friends from those times. So nowadays I don't go out with them much more because our interests our different not so much because of the condition of my skin.

Guest Zitro

I would say I do/did a couple of excuses in the past when I had a bad flareup or when I recently did a facial (redness and temporary scars)

Guest Craigems

I admit i did, but now i dont coz i'm on Accutane. I used to make excuses all the time because i felt horrible and people DID stare and little kids just yeh. Not nice so i bailed alot but now i'm the one organising everything coz my acne is basically gone biggrin.gif

yeah I always push people away. I want to go out and do stuff with people but I just feel that I'm not good enough for societies eyes. Its a mixture of being shallow and paranoid for me

Yeah I make up excuses alot.  I especially don't like to make any commitments to anything in the future since I don't know if I will be broke out at the time.  But I'll usually make myself go out and have fun at least once a week.

Some here... No commitment!

And I look at myself the same day... Jugde and then decide to either not pick up the phone et pick it up and go... If I don't I always end up saying I was sleeping...

It didn't bother me like 2 years back... but nowadays it does...

I really want to change that tought...

I tend not to go out either. My family always just imagine me to be this "geek" who just sits on the PC all day playing games, when actually im scared about what people think about me.

Guest Keeley

I always go out! It aint my fault that I have acne eusa_snooty.gif If someone wants to stoop down low to diss my face cos of some spots... then they can stick their views up where the sun doesnt shine shock.gif

I always go out! It aint my fault that I have acne eusa_snooty.gif  If someone wants to stoop down low to diss my face cos of some spots... then they can stick their views up where the sun doesnt shine shock.gif

Guest Keeley
more ppl need that attitude keeley... eusa_clap.gif

Big up! biggrin.gif

I admit i did, but now i dont coz i'm on Accutane. I used to make excuses all the time because i felt horrible and people DID stare and little kids just yeh. Not nice so i bailed alot but now i'm the one organising everything coz my acne is basically gone biggrin.gif

Guest Zitro
Well I've just began accutane and face is looking horrible,I'm begining my 4th week, I already miss a hole week of classes because of it...and I really want to take this semeter off, god knows how long my face is gonna look like this? sad.gif I'm totallly in insolation...it sucks sooo bad!!! cry.gif

NO WAY JOSE

i chose

No, I still go out, I'm not letting acne stop me.

i still go and out blah blah.. u all know what i do..