Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sweetie

crocodile

i have been on the regime for 10 months and for the last 5 months i have only been using the bp once a day (1%) but for the last 3 months my face is looking like a crocodile handbag. it is so flaky and scaly. there is still about 4 spots left though. is it time to stop using bp? any suggestions? i feel embarrased when i go out cos my skin looks like an old ladys (im 18!)

yeah its true man

BP damagges the skin no matter how much moisturzier u put on.

i had that problem too.

try looking yourselve at a florescent lighted place. it'll freak u out. because it freaked me out.

i stopped. i counldn't stand BP.

now i just use neutrogena gentle cleaser and multivitmain moisturizer, also by neutrogena.

and skin clearing moisturizer by neutrogena. they made so much of my scars go away.

u should try it.

yep. u should stop using BP if u want. but try salicyclic acid

BP does not damage your skin, and you should not look like a crocodile.

2 questions:

1. What % bp are you using. Did I read 1% correctly or was that a typo for 10%? Use nothing higher than 2.5%

2. Are you using an alpha hydroxy moisturizer? If not, do so.

-Dan

Defintely sounds like your moisturiser isn't adaquite. A moisturiser should be well capable of offsetting the dryness caused by BP.

Where did you find a 1% bp, and what other medications does it contain.

Another good thing to help us out here is to tell us precisely what you do morning and evening. Leave nothing out.

-Dan

i got it from my doctors (i live in the uk). im sorry i cant find the other ingrediants at the moment, the leaflet to go with the cream is in the bathroom and my brother is in there. i will write the ingrediants when i can get the leaflet. here is what i do every day; in the morning i wash my face with a face wash for oily to combination skin. i then spray my face with cold water to close the pores. after 5 minutes i apply moisteriser, and then after 30 minutes i apply makeup. in the evening i wash my face with the same cleanser, spray with cold water and after about 5 minutes apply 3 pea sixed amounts of bp. after 15 minutes i then apply boots own brand moisteruser, unperfumed, for all skin types. i can not use a heaver moisteriser than this or my spots come back. (this is the moisteriser i apply in the morning to) if i am doing anything wrong please tell me :)

I've been following the regimen directions to a T. Using Eucering Q-10 anti-wrinke moisturizer and 2.5% nuetrogene on the spot. I haven't had any problems with looking like a crocodile. Ive been on the regimen for about 6-7 months now. Maybe you should consider doing it twice a day with the reccomended moisturizer. Don't know. Sorry this was not much of a help.

Mercer

99% water!!!? would'nt this just run out of the tube? :) It would be so runny!

and why are you using a face wash for oily skin? u are not doing the regimen that's for sure.

i have stopped using bp for 3 days now. i am just using a cleansing lotain for normal skin and a moisteriser for normal skin. my skin is still dry and flaky but i can see a little bit of improvement on my chin and cheeks. and so far i havent broke out which i was scared woul happen if i stopped using bp.

sorry! that 99% water and 1% bp was a leaflet i had from a face wash a few years ago that i had from the doctors, but it was crap and has never been used since. i cant find the one for the bp, so i dont no what percentage it is. it is one my doctor recommended i got from the chemist. it is called clear by design 2.5 gel. does that mean it is 2.5 bp? it does not have instuctions on the tube, only on the packaging which i cant find.

im sure it would have to say bp ??% on the tube .. its like a law so if it doesnt i doubt it has bp in it.