Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dan_summers

"any one here with very sensitive skin?"

Can someone with "sensitive skin" pls tell me how "YOUR OWN" regiment is like?

do u ACTUALLY manage to put BP "TWICE" a day? (morning + night)

If you have sensitive skin yourself, you'll know what i mean. sad.gif It seems that WE can't start off BP twice a day. Pls tell me how you started your OWN Regiment. how it started from week 1, 2, 3, till 8,9 onwards etc

Hi dan,

I have very sensitive skin, and using bp rips my face apart. So I started using it with only Neutragena (derm said it is best for acne products) I wash in the AM with Neutragena oil free and Neutragena toner with no alcolhol and then moisturize with healthy defense Neutragena no oil and non-comedegenic, and then apply make-up.

PM wash 20 seconds with Neurtagena then toner(cotton ball make sure you get all the dirt off your face) , and very light application of BP every other night. I can't use it every night it is too harsh.

Hope this helps, I am about 92% clear now. good luck! red

I know what you mean. When I use BP I tend to get really pain "burns" for lack of a better word. I found that using BP only at night, keeping it in the fridge, icing my skin before applying a la The Acne Cure, then using ice packs after helped reduce the burning. But the routine was just not worth it to me. I wasn't getting completely clear so I finally just stopped the BP and I'm trying something new. I was thinking maybe the BP was prolonging my acne by making my skin weak.

hmm, redhot, thx a million for the advice mate smile.gif yea,

..it feels good to know that im not the only one with sensitive skin smile.gif (phew)

but wow 92% clear????????????????????

that is REALLY comforting, yay (the reason i started this post was cuz i tot that people "like us" had no hope coz we had sensitive skin, and we can't do the USUAL 2 times per day thingy, so we may only get minimal results, etc

e.g. get like 40-50% the results only etc ,

but WOW! 92%?! awesome,. thx mate

..thx smile.gif its really comforting!!!!

PS:yea, i know what u mean, olive, ...thats why i had to stop for 3 days

PS:redhot, just curious, on a scale of 1-10, how oily is your skin? (before you started this regiment)

I am cursed with sensitive skin. BP works for me, but it's also very drying. In larger amounts, even moisturizer twice or more a day didn't really solve the dry skin situation. I got a jar of Mary Kay Oil Free Hydrating Gel. You put it on after your moisturizer and it's supposed to "lock" in the moisturizer for 10 hours. I was wary, but I swear it solved my problem in just one night! It also made my skin not sting after applying moisturizer, which I'd been experiencing.

i use bp only about once a week, at night. the rest of the time, because my face is sensitive, i use hydrocourtisone and gentle cleansers like nivea or cetaphil... and tea tree oil... and clay masks...

redhot, from a scale of 1-10, how oily is your natural skin? (i think i can't reach the 92% thingy coz i have really oily skin (i would say i rank a 7.5 on the scale)

Hi. I have really sensitive skin too. I have been on The Regimen for almost 3 months now, I think, and I am still only using the bp once a day. I still suffer with some redness and flaking skin. But, even using it just once has me almost 100% clear, so I'm not really worried about even bothering to use it twice a day.

I had dry skin before being on The Regimen, so I'm not terribly surprised that it has dried me out. I use Cetaphyl to clean, Dan's gel for bp, Eucerin Skin Renewal in the morning and Eucerin 5% Urea at night. I have started using an obscene amount of moisturizer as well as cutting back a bit on the bp (to about 1/2 a finger for my whole face) and have found it has made a big difference in the flaking and redness. It has also helped that I started using the Eucerin Daily Renewal too, because before that I was using the Eucerin 5% twice a day.

In the beginning I couldn't even use the bp once a day, I had to take breaks of several days at a time because the burning was so terrible. It was quite a while before I adjusted enough to handle using it once every day.

Yeah, I think my Skin is pretty sensitive also, I do apply BP Gel twice a day thow, and it seems to be working for me, clearing up my acne quiet good and im not breaking out as much, but it really makes my face red, and sting a bit.. hopefully it will get better. (I'm only on day 5!) .

I have sensitive skin. I got clear using Klaron lotion instead of benzoyl peroxide. It's a much gentler topical antibiotic, available by prescription.

I just apply bp once at night. It's been working for me. After applying bp...wait 10 minutues and I apply moisturizer. In the morning apply moisutrizer before and after shower. Do not not talk extrememly hot showers even though they feel good! You will see a connection btw redness and the amount/duration of shower.

Ive been a long time reader of this forum. Never registered cuz was too lazy. But this is my first post.

I have sensitive skin. I got clear using Klaron lotion instead of benzoyl peroxide. It's a much gentler topical antibiotic, available by prescription.

What is the active ingreditent in Klaron? I'm trying to get an appointment w/ a derm and I'd like to be prepared.

Can someone with "sensitive skin" pls tell me how "YOUR OWN" regiment is like?

do u ACTUALLY manage to put BP "TWICE" a day? (morning + night)

If you have sensitive skin yourself, you'll know what i mean. sad.gif It seems that WE can't start off BP twice a day. Pls tell me how you started your OWN Regiment. how it started from week 1, 2, 3, till 8,9  onwards etc