Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is a book he wrote about the 4 steps for clear skin..

I don't have the book but I found a website that basically told me everything...lol

According to Dr. Dubrow, acne has four distinct stages, and you must attack all four in order to wipe it out. The stages are:

Dry cells mixed with sebum and block the pores;

Sebum ballon builds up behind the clog;

Bacteria infect the build-up

Curative inflammation spreads the condition.

In an effort to combat all four, Dr. Dubrow has come up with the Acne Cure. The following is his Acne Cure program:

Step 1 SALICYLIC ACID. (Morning and night) Clean away excess dead cells and bacteria from the skin's surface, without over-drying it. The best ingredient to wash your face with is a 2 percent salicylic acid product (widely available in drugstores). Put a penny-size amount in the palm of your hand, add a few drops of warm water, lather, and massage (in circular motion) to affected areas. Let the SA sit for a few minutes, then gently wash off with warm water. The SA has two benefits: an anti-inflammatory, and an antioxidant for the skin's surface.

Step 2 GLYCOLIC ACID. (Only in the morning) After you've rinsed away the SA product, apply 8-10 percent glycolic acid product, in an identical manner. Let it sit and wash it off with warm water. The benefits of GA: digs deeper down (while the SA cleans the surface) to loosen "cemented-in" plugs.

Step 3 BENZOYL PEROXIDE (Only at night) Wash off SA and run an ice cube over the affected areas, to cool and soothe (be careful not to freeze the skin!) Apply the BP (kept cold in refrigerator), but run ice cube across palm of hand, so product doesn't warm up when you rub and apply to face (in identical manner as the SA and the GA). Leave the BP on for 10 minutes, and lie down with ice packs on the affected areas (opens pores, reduces inflammation, relaxes you). When you're through, wipe off excess BP with a soft cloth. Allow the rest to sit overnight.

Step 4 MOISTURIZER (Morning and throughout the day) Apply an oil-free moisturizer to the face with an SPF of at least 15. Sun reduces the skin's resistance to bacterial attack.

Once your face (neck, and back too) are in the clear, patients must follow-up with a maintenance program. ..

Using the techniques outlined in this book,

acne can be completely eliminated in

95 percent of all cases even the most severe

ones in 6 weeks or less. These techniques start

to work in 24 hours.

I believe this will work because: When I use my 10% AHA lotion + BP gel at night it makes me VERY clear BUT my skin can't handle this...but I like the idea of washing the AHA% off....hmm...

heres are the products I will use for this experiment

Clean and Clear, 2% wash

Dermaclear Moustizer /w 10% AHA

Dan's BP gel

This is like, Dan's regimen...Botchlas..and with the new Acne fighting AHA%. I also like the idea how Dr. Dubrow states that these ingrediants each fight a differen't stage in acne formation and I believe this is true, but whether the regimen works or not is soon to be discovered.

I also wonder if "cold bp gel" is more affective..

Ill post my experience in a few days....wish me luck

I believe you could call this the "chemical mass destruction program". Why would you want to make your face depend on chemicals forever? Like someone said in a different post: Why combat mother nature, it'll only fight back harder... I mean, if you want to get your face off chemicals you will get acne again and have to cure yourself following a natural way. So why not take the natural way right away? I don't care if it takes me a little longer. In the long run I know I'll be better off.

I did this program for the 6 weeks as the book says and I did see improvement, but I'm still not 100% clear. I think my problem is more hormonal, and none of the topicals can help me with that sad.gif

The maintence phase doesn't involve all the chemicals, so you're not going to be dependent for ever.

I hope that it works better for you than it did for me.

Thanks for the post jonnystyles42. Go for it and good luck. I don't believe that mother nature is gonna fight back harder.

I believe this will work because:  When I use my 10% AHA lotion + BP gel at night it makes me VERY clear BUT my skin can't handle this...but I like the idea of washing the AHA% off....hmm...

I purchased the book at an Essential Oils convention I attended recently. I've read quite a bit of it so far, and that outline left by Jonnystyles42 gives you the basic idea, but doesn't give it nearly enough credit or details that the book goes into, which are important. Once you read the reasoning for the applications and percentages it makes a whole lot more sense. Doesn't make you feel so much that you're just "throwing chemicals" into your skin.

I have been combating acne ever since I was, I guess, 13? Now I'm 26. It's been a huge war. I'm someone who has tried just about everything, including natural remedies. But all this time I've never known to take PERCENTAGES and steps into account. It's amazing how many products out there have such small amounts of the essentials, like salycilic. I checked my cabinet full of products and most had 0.5% salycilic acid, or a combo of the salyclic & glycolic, which pretty much cancel each other out and make the wash useless. I have no products at all with Glycolic Acid as the active ingredient. And it's been impossible for me to find the 8-10% glycolic at the grocery store, Rite Aid, or Walgreen's. So I had to go online for that. That's all I'm waiting on now. The Glycolic product. Gly Derm was what I chose. I like how it lists random companies' products for any financial situation in the book, rather than just trying to pimp out one specific company. Refreshing in a way.

I already have lots and lots of Benzoyl Peroxide. Alone, it just never did the trick. But this cold method really intrigues me.

I'm not going to sit here and say at this point IT WORKS! IT WORKS! But I'll tell you that after just getting a 2% salycilic wash, HUGE improvement so far. And I do know that salycilic alone isn't going to fix me, but I'm very excited about the improvement from just that first step. I can't wait till my glycolic cleanser arrives in the mail.

If this process DOES work, I will definitely be posting about its success on here. I have a feeling it will, but we will see! I am a very skeptical person when it comes to pretty much everything, but I really think Dubrow has something here.

LOL so your supposed to put your bp in your refrigerator?

It suggests so in the book, but most of the cold is with ice compress to the BP-covered acne.

I scanned the most important pages of the book and put them in my gallery, if anyone wants to go read! :)

Just got my glycolic wash in the mail today, so I'll start trying second & third step tomorrow.

Well, the results are great!!! I'm definitely recommending this program. I've been doing this now for weeks, and... still no recurrence. By now, I definitely would've had one. Always have in this amount of time. I've tried other methods and they'd work for awhile then BAM....breakout. But with this, so far so very good. It's kinda weirding me out, because I'm spending less time getting ready in the morning and it just feels unusual. No bumps to worry about, constant treatments, and working around blemishes daily.

Soooo glad I found that book! It's too bad more people probably won't come across this particular forum. I'll just have to pass the word on as well as I'm able..

Just wanted to say I got this book from the library a few years ago and the system really worked. I think the key was the combination of products and the ice. It's also a fairly cheap method. After 2 years my skin started breaking out again, I was still using the system but my skin started to be irritated by the bp and it wasn't working. But it worked for 2 years which is pretty good and my skin was moderate with cystic acne. I would suggest people try it- Luck :)

Guest missyjean130

Even if I wasn't on accutane...this plan would destroy my skin.

my head would be like a tomato.Delicate and red all over.

Guest anonymous
LOL so your supposed to put your bp in your refrigerator?

i put my bp in the fridge...it's a gel though. i was told by my derm and my pharmasist to put my benzaclin in the fridge to which is bp of course...any i like the ice as well. i use an ice pack. here's a link too a product line that goes strickly by that regimen. i bought it. not a huge fan but it's okay...just don't burn yourself...i did a few times...anyway it's called cold fusion. it's put together by the same people who sell vilantae which i do use and like.

http://www.coldfusionacne.com/

I believe you could call this the "chemical mass destruction program". Why would you want to make your face depend on chemicals forever? Like someone said in a different post: Why combat mother nature, it'll only fight back harder... I mean, if you want to get your face off chemicals you will get acne again and have to cure yourself following a natural way. So why not take the natural way right away? I don't care if it takes me a little longer. In the long run I know I'll be better off.

If there was a "natural way to cure yourself," there would be no purpose for this website.

Besides,this book isn't suggesting that you depend on chemicals forever,since the actual program itself last for about 6 weeks;then you must follow up with the maintenance program, which doesn't involve using any chemicals.

I've been using this method since I posted last year, and it still works great! Once in a great while I'll have a super stressful time and a minor breakout, but it is easily fixed when I calm down and go through the whole method again. It works so great!

I do not mind depending on chemical treatments for the rest of my life. What is the difference - chemical, natural...you're still depending on something for the rest of your life (if you have unfortunate genes like mine...my mom's in her 50s and still breaks out now and then). What I care about is trying something that actually works. And this one still does.

Edited by Ne0nLem0n