Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maya

Who's using Skinbiology Products?

I'm using the Copper peptides - and for a while I didn't notice any improvement, but now I can see my skin tone is much better - the combination of lactic peels and copper peptides really do a good job.

I wanted to find out who has used any of the following skin bio products:

1. Tri-reduction P&R with Retinol

2. Emu oil

Along with peels, they are meant to really help with strechmarks and scar reduction. I am considering making a purchase.

For those not familiar to these products, good info can be seen from

www.skinbio.com and www.homepeels.com

Hi Maya.

I have been using the exfol serum and the copper peptide serum a few times per week. I have the tri-reduction p&r and I only use that in areas that I do not have the tendency to break out and I don't use it all that often (maybe a couple of times a week). I have not tried the emu oil so I can't say what that's like. I haven't seen a whole lot of improvement yet, except for on my very shallow icepicks (which look like enlarged pores).

I've been using skinbiology's tri-reduction with retinol cream for three and half months. I've also been using skinbiology's newly released super cop for several weeks. Super cop is a stronger version of tri-reduction with retinol (tri-reduction with retinol is strong also). Super cop does have retinol in it. I'm alternating using both products because super cop gets harsh. I also use skinbiology's 2% saliylic exfol cream several times a week and makeupartist's 30% glycolic acid twice a week. The copper products and the acid products all go directly onto 2 depressed scars and 2 pitted scars/slitted scars. These are scars that were all very deep and big to start with and now aren't as big and deep as before. At least 50% improvement on average. These are old scars.

Thanks for the feedback - I think I'll make a purchase and see what happens. :)

Hye Maya, I have dry skin and the emu oil broke me out so becareful with that, maybe ask for a sample of that.

Thanks Sara, I wasn't too sure about it but the write up on the websites make it look like a wonder oil. Currently I use Jojoba oil and that works really well with no breakouts.

I bought the emu oil and have been using it for over a week now - I love it - it's so soothing.

Tried the tri-reduction with retinol and that broke me out so stopped using it but it helps with stretchmarks!

An update: I have been using the trireduction with retinol P&R daily - and used 40% glycolic acid twice a week - on some very old stomach stretchmarks for 6 weeks or so - I have noticed at least 35% improvement (on the homepeels site it said to do this for 4-6 months) - I am convinced all stretchmarks will go if I continue this regimen. Also, I am applying emu oil onto the scars every few days. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hello,

I'm going to order some tri-reduction cream.I use emu oil too,the best there is for oils if you ask me.

I was wondering if the medical Dermaroller with the bigger spikes can do something for stretchmarks.I red they can inject new cells in dammaged skinscars,so can this also work on stretchmarks?

They stopped improving - and then I got microdermabrasion several times which improved it more - maybe they are 60-70% corrected -still there, but I'm not too bothered anymore.

maya, should i stop using copper petides bcos i think its breaking me out.. ](*,) or is it a natural occurence from using it and i should continue? i read from ur regimen that u have the same exact problem.. i am only using the regular copper petide serum.. sad.gif

I am feeling quite low bcos i thought it might be the answer to my scars but... anyway i hope i can see improvement in my scars but its too soon to tell.. what should i do? sad.gif

If you think a product is breaking you out, then stop - if you are still breaking out, then you'll know it's not the product. It's unlikely that the standard CP will cause breakouts though.

Thanks Maya.

I keep working on them,its now 1,5 year ago I got them,I use emu oil at the moment and I am working with a Ab tronic wich seems to be good also for stretchmarks.

Thanks.

Guest Scorpioness

I used the regular CP for a year and noticed slight improvements. I don't believe I was exfoliating enough during that time.

The Super CP... I really want it to work for me, however, every time I use it, my skin gets irritated and my pores get clogged... and I break out. :-(

I have tried layering it over retin a micro, which does seem to halt the breakouts. I have also tried going back to regular CP serum.

I do have to say, that when I stop using the CP, my skin looks a lot better. I am using a lot of products right now. My favorites are Pure Deming Intense Gel, regular manuka honey (which I started using as a morning mask and WOW), Kinerase as a moisterizer, dilluted apple cider vinegar as a toner and mandelic acid. Using these things makes a huge and obvious difference in my complexion. The CP just doesn't seem to work for me right now, as much as I want it to.

I find that the progress of any one certain regimen can slow down at any given point. Then, the skin's recovery may need a little 'jump start.' Also, the skins chemistry changes frequently. It's kind of like ..... when doing peels.... The skin becomes immune to the acids and stronger acids are then needed to produce similar effects.

Well, maybe when my skin gets a little 'tougher' from what I am doing now, or the chemistry changes.... the CP will work for me again. The combination of Retin-A Micro and Super CP serum is way too harsh and potent for me to use regularly, however, that may be the way for me to go later on. I know Denise has had a lot of success with this combination.. yet her skin seems to be tougher than mine!