Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My 16th birthday was horrible! My mom didn't even do anything, she took a bottle of perfume, that she had bought for me 2 months ago, and put it in a cheap bag from t.j. maxx and that was my gift. my brothers didn't buy me anything, or say anything. my dad gave me a cellphone that's been his for a whole year. my mom didn't even make a special breakfast or dinner! for my two brothers, she always brings cake, balloons, makes a special meal, takes them out, gives thoughtful gifts. i'm soooo depressed..... I mentioned how unfair it is that i had a horrible birthday, and she got wicked pissed at me! she won't even talk to me, bu I was just stating the facts. my dad is expecting ME to apologize! i can't believe this. i'm crying already. who cares? now i've really learned that i'm all alone in this world

Awww, this sounds very sad. sad.gif I can't believe they'd gift your brothers much more than you... I always thought girls were gifted more and treated specially. confused.gif

You don't need gifts to feel happy though, do you? You're really not alone, we're all here with you! Your birthday is what you make of it, that goes for any day really. biggrin.gif

Don't be sad, you're a great person! And as Elsa said, the best is yet to come! eusa_angel.gif

Exactly.

Your 21st birthday will be the one to get excited about.

At least your parents gave you something right?

Is your family currently having financial troubles?

Maybe they are giving you what they can....

Happy 16th sweetie! I'm sorry it wasn't all you hoped it to be.

its really interesting too that the younger we are the more exciting bdays are and the older we get the more we dread them.

Also, sorry if this doesn't help, but I've kind of learned that there is no rule that says you have to like your family.

its really interesting too that the younger we are the more exciting bdays are and the older we get the more we dread them.

Exactly.

Your 21st birthday will be the one to get excited about.

At least your parents gave you something right?

Is your family currently having financial troubles?

Maybe they are giving you what they can....

Happy 16th sweetie!  I'm sorry it wasn't all you hoped it to be.

no way! my dad earns a six-figure salary at a pharmaceutical company, i didn't even get a card! i don't understand... the best gift i got was from a cousin. people keep on asking me, so what did you get/do for the big 16? what am i supposed to say to that! sad.gif this really hurts me... the tears are running down my cheeks

Hey, happy birthday! Yeah, I've had a few birthdays like that, but I won't go into that here because this is your time to rant, not mine.

I can't believe your family treated you like that. I bet your mom was really pissed because she's secretly guilty that she treated you unequally. Ok, this is a really manipulitive thing to suggest and I'm not sure if I could bring myself to do it, but if you apologise the right way you could make her feel about two inches tall and get some of your own back while looking like butter wouldn't melt in your mouth eusa_angel.gif : "It's ok, Mom. I'm really sorry I said that stuff to you about my birthday. I've thought about it and I've decided that it's fine if you want to to give my brothers something extra on their birthdays. I mean, they deserve it. They're great guys. And you know, it was really nice of you to get me that perfume - I know you must have been thinking of me a lot in advance to have bought it so long ago. And who cares if Dad gave me his used cell phone instead of buying me a new one? I know he's really busy with his high-paying job and just didn't have time to go out and get one. It's the thought that counts, right? You know, I just overreacted because I've been having such a bad time lately and this was such a big birthday for me. It was selfish of me to expect you all to realize that. But I'm over that now." Try to look sincere.

Possibly that could backfire but it would be brilliant if it didn't

Hey, happy birthday!  Yeah, I've had a few birthdays like that, but I won't go into that here because this is your time to rant, not mine.

I can't believe your family treated you like that.  I bet your mom was really pissed because she's secretly guilty that she treated you unequally.  Ok, this is a really manipulitive thing to suggest and I'm not sure if I could bring myself to do it, but if you apologise the right way you could make her feel about two inches tall and get some of your own back while looking like butter wouldn't melt in your mouth eusa_angel.gif : "It's ok, Mom.  I'm really sorry I said that stuff to you about my birthday.  I've thought about it and I've decided that it's fine if you want to to give my brothers something extra on their birthdays.  I mean, they deserve it.  They're great guys.  And you know, it was really nice of you to get me that perfume - I know you must have been thinking of me a lot in advance to have bought it so long ago.  And who cares if Dad gave me his used cell phone instead of buying me a new one?  I know he's really busy with his high-paying job and just didn't have time to go out and get one.  It's the thought that counts, right?  You know, I just overreacted because I've been having such a bad time lately and this was such a big birthday for me.  It was selfish of me to expect you all to realize that.  But I'm over that now."  Try to look sincere.

Possibly that could backfire but it would be brilliant if it didn't

My 16th birthday was horrible! My mom didn't even do anything, she took a bottle of perfume, that she had bought for me 2 months ago, and put it in a cheap bag from t.j. maxx and that was my gift. my brothers didn't buy me anything, or say anything. my dad gave me a cellphone that's been his for a whole year. my mom didn't even make a special breakfast or dinner! for my two brothers, she always brings cake, balloons, makes a special meal, takes them out, gives thoughtful gifts. i'm soooo depressed..... I mentioned how unfair it is that i had a horrible birthday, and she got wicked pissed at me! she won't even talk to me, bu I was just stating the facts. my dad is expecting ME to apologize! i can't believe this. i'm crying already. who cares? now i've really learned that i'm all alone in this world

sorry again for the off-topicness:

i know of celebrating big time on 16 and 18th b-day. but what's the deal with 21st? why is that so important?

i dont get what the deal is with 'sweet 16' over there why?

me and my mates just went to bars and clubs got very drunk on my 16th

happy birthday pinkpanther

i dont get what the deal is with 'sweet 16' over there why?

me and my mates just went to bars and clubs got very drunk on my 16th

happy birthday pinkpanther

Guest Euler
sorry again for the off-topicness:

i know of celebrating big time on 16 and 18th b-day. but what's the deal with 21st? why is that so important?

Guest Shjaker

Yeah the car thing.. my parents would never spend that much money on me eusa_eh.gif

1. We're poor biggrin.gif

2. They wouldnt spend that kind of money on me. I think my mom would try to, but Doug would hit the roof.

And Doug's my father.. I call him Doug.. because thats his name... Anyone can be a father but it takes a man to be a Dad.

oh that's really sad sad.gif I'd be so pissed if my parents favored me more than my sibilings. But my sis is 7 month old. I don't think my mom would do something like that though. Don't try yo apologize to your mom. You're the one who's right in this situation.

*I got a car for my 16, 17, 18+ and graduation. And I'm happy with that smile.gif

i had a worst 16th Bday, if it makes you feel any better. My family didn't do crap for me and didn't give me any presents. It's like they didn't even remember it. Also, my mom yelled at me that day and made me cry.

i had a worst 16th Bday, if it makes you feel any better.  My family didn't do crap for me and didn't give me any presents.  It's like they didn't even remember it.  Also, my mom yelled at me that day and made me cry.