Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone find themselves babying themselves with the most minimal of tasks? I mean, I'm a guy but I'm constantly leaving enough time after shaving to let me skin calm down and then constantly making sure to wipe my mouth after eating to make sure I don't get those annoying lip zits. Anyone else constantly doing these things?

Guest Shjaker

Mais oui! I dont want to break out. Im willing to do anything not to. ^_^

Anyone find themselves babying themselves with the most minimal of tasks?  I mean, I'm a guy but I'm constantly leaving enough time after shaving to let me skin calm down and then constantly making sure to wipe my mouth after eating to make sure I don't get those annoying lip zits.  Anyone else constantly doing these things?

Guest Shjaker
Do you ever wipe the oil off yourself, but never dare do it with the front of your hand? 

Yeah, and I can start acting neurotic after a while! Like, refraining from touching my face at all... so some people advise. But, ya know, it feels awefully good to give your face a good rub down at the end of the day after work, or during work when you feel stressed. It's actually quite relaxing.

Melchoir it is funny you should mention that. I am constantly using the back of my hand LOL. I would never think of using my fingers. I laugh at what it must look like to people when I am using the back.

Guest Shjaker

I look like a psycho when people try to touch my face

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?! ARE YOU NUTS!!? AUH GOD GET AWAY FROM ME!!!! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?! GOING AROUND TOUCHING PEOPLES FACES, GOD PSYCHO!!!"

I agree AdultAcne about the good rub down. I like shaving and how my face feels afterwards. It's just that I have this mental thing that keeps me from being able to just shower, shave, pat my face dry and then go somewhere. It's like I think I will break out if I don't just let my skin settle for a bit. It's unnerving.

I kinda react psycho too when someone tries to touch my face. It's sad that I kind of pull back even when my mother gives me a kiss on the cheek or sarcastic face slap for being a wise-ass.

I agree AdultAcne about the good rub down.  I like shaving and how my face feels afterwards.  It's just that I have this mental thing that keeps me from being able to just shower, shave, pat my face dry and then go somewhere.  It's like I think I will break out if I don't just let my skin settle for a bit.  It's unnerving.

Guest Shjaker
I kinda react psycho too when someone tries to touch my face.  It's sad that I kind of pull back even when my mother gives me a kiss on the cheek or sarcastic face slap for being a wise-ass.

I think that psychological effect of drawing back whether it be physically or emotionally is the worst part of acne. Once you withdraw, we seem to create this environment of everything is awful and we aren't worthy of being touched or shown interest in.

Guest Shjaker
we aren't worthy of being touched or shown interest in.

it sucks how i wont let my boyfriend toucch my face at all...he always BEGS me to let him....but i just refuse...ONCE...i let him do it...and he got a boner right there from it....hes like " SEE....LET ME TOUCH YOUR FACE!!!!.."....hahahaha

it sucks how i wont let my boyfriend toucch my face at all...he always BEGS me to let him....but i just refuse...ONCE...i let him do it...and he got a boner right there from it....hes like " SEE....LET ME TOUCH YOUR FACE!!!!.."....hahahaha

I think that psychological effect of drawing back whether it be physically or emotionally is the worst part of acne.  Once you withdraw, we seem to create this environment of everything is awful and we aren't worthy of being touched or shown interest in.

Thank you Melchoir.  I guess acne turns most of us into pensive, philosophers smile.gif  How long have you been dealing with this plague?

Yeah, me too. It's funny to think how different I was before this crap happened. I guess that's all in the past and you move on. Have you been to a derm or using Dan's regimen?

Yeah, me too.  It's funny to think how different I was before this crap happened.  I guess that's all in the past and you move on.  Have you been to a derm or using Dan's regimen?