Retin-a micro

tazorac

finacea

tetracycline

minocycline

ceftin

klaron

yasmin

When I go back to the derm in 2 weeks...what else are they possibly going to suggest? eusa_wall.gif

Guest Zitro

I wish that it will be accutane, as long as it will end up safe for you without serious side-effects.

I wish for the time your fight will end. I wish for the time you can truly be happy.

*Hugs*

You don't deserve this, you are one of the nicest girls I've ever met in life. I wish the light will soon reach and soothe the endless night.

Your friend, Hernan.

Well, if you were honest with yourself and truly used all of those products to their fullest potential and still acne remains then Accutane is the only medication you have left. I was prescribed minocycline before, but I blew it off, didn't follow a set schedule with it and only used it for a couple months or so. I was also using topical medications at the same time (retin-a and benzoyl peroxide) and I know realize that my face cannot stand ANY topical medications. I'm currently back on mino (without any topicals) and already I can tell that it will do me some good. It's going to be a few arduous months for myself because I let it go on it's own for awhile, but I hope to make progress. I hope you find your answer!

Yes I have tried them all to their full potential, excepting the ones I am allergic to (mino, BP). My derm seemed to want to put me on another birth control, but I didnt like the effects BCP had on my face or overall health AT ALL, so I refused. I wonder if she's going to just give up on me or something...=(

Guest Zitro

Dermatologists are tough and picky on giving the accutane. Unless acne is as severe as I had it in 2001-2004, it can be hard to get it prescribed.

Best wishes. I hope you find the right medication

They may prescribe accutane now that it is clear that your acne, though mild, is persistent and non-responsive to the other medications.