Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Zitro

Do you have someone to talk about acne ...

is there?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. is there?

• _Yes
    • _No

Guest Zitro

I ask this question because it seems a mig number of acne sufferers seem to not get support from parents and/or any other family members, friends, or lovers.

I can talk to it with my mother and receive support, but that's about it.

My best acne.org friend just said that I'm the only one that she could speak to about acne adn feel comfortable with it.

Guest Shjaker

Nope. None of my friends have acne. Hell, none of my friends ever get a zit.

mostly my dad, he had it bad when he was young , (has the scars to prove it), if i need to chat, my dads always there wub.gif

a few close friends also are there if i needed (or need) them

Guest Zitro

well, I guess its the reason acne.org exists.

I'll be off, I'm talking to her and I'm busy and careful with my words.

bye

I have my best friend of 8 years to talk to it about. He doesnt care about it at all.

Guest Amy Lee

I still have those people who show concern for my condition, like my family, relatives,... probably because they have it too. But to confide in someone and talk about acne comfortably, I don't have any, not even one. sad.gif And I find it quite odd that those whom I know that don't have any acne don't seem to care at all.

well, I guess its the reason acne.org exists.

No, I don't have anybody to talk to about it.

I have friends that I have mentioned it to.

But it's always a brief and uncomfortable conversation - even with my boyfriend, its uncomfortable.

Usually, I'll just explain to them why I haven't been out very much.....

And that's it.

I used to know a girl who had acne problems (not mild, pretty moderate).

We used to confide in each other about our problem...

But I haven't seen her in a few years.

She was really sweet and good to talk to.

Thank god for acne.org.

I've met a lot of great people from this site.

Guest Shjaker

Once I was standing with a group of friends and some little guy made a comment about my acne, and all my "friends" either a) just stood there or b) started laughing a little.

Sooo I knew right then I couldnt talk about it with them. eusa_whistle.gif

Once I was standing with a group of friends and some little guy made a comment about my acne, and all my "friends" either a) just stood there or b) started laughing a little.

Sooo I knew right then I couldnt talk about it with them.  eusa_whistle.gif

No and especially in highschool...I had no one to talk to about it...everyone had clear skin or very very mild acne. when I use to talk to my mother, all she would say is "all you do is worry about your damn face!, It'll clear up with time"....I felt really alone...I'm so glad I found this site...I just wish I found it a little earlier...like for example..all those times when I was sitting in my room crying... feeling like no one understood what I was going through untill I found this site..I just thought I was crazy but now I know I'm not alone biggrin.gif

I have no one to talk to also. I try to talk to my mom but she just says "it's your hormones, you'll grow out of it" or "go to the doctor." And no, I haven't grown out of it, I started getting acne when I was 10 and now I'm 21 and still have acne. My friends complain when they get one zit that you can't even see...it's completely frustrating. It's really frustrating too that I am unable to wear all those cute clothes (I have acne on my back and chest) and my friends always want to go to NICE clubs or hang with boys in jacuzzis and I always say no and they don't understand, they think I am being selfish!!!

Guest Keeley

I talk to my family about it... but then again... my family are all either doctors or dentists eusa_shifty.gif !

With friends I sometimes talk about acne... but only if someone brings it up! But I have to say, recently acne seems to have been the topic of many conversations as one of my friends who has acne pretty bad, wasnt getting any support and I guess she needed someone to talk to! eusa_whistle.gif

Yes, I have a couple of close friends who I can talk to about how it affects me psychologically. Although I don't get into all the nitty gritty stuff, I can say how it knocks my confidence and has held me back in my career and social life. They can fully related as they have their own insecurities, whether it be their weight or hair loss (yes, one of them recently told me she is suffering this).

On the other hand, I am very selective about who I talk to about this. In my old job, I was fortunate in that everyone I mentioned it to had constructive advice - they themselves had experience from suffering it or knew someone who was. There were also those that tried not to be rude by not mentioning it but it's just so obvious when they stare and talk to my spots instead of me.

Previous to that, I used to swap tips with my cousin but one of my 'best' friends at the time was with us and unleashed a very patronising tirade about how she couldn't see why we were worrying about our skin. My cousin was very taken aback and quite embarassed as she doesn't talk to anyone else about it. This was particularly annoying as later down the line, she developed bad acne herself and would describe to me in minute detail each spot she popped.

I ask this question because it seems a mig number of acne sufferers seem to not get support from parents and/or any other family members, friends, or lovers.

I can talk to it with my mother and receive support, but that's about it.

My best acne.org friend just said that I'm the only one that she could speak to about acne adn feel comfortable with it.

Apart from my doctor and derm I sure as hell don't talk to anyone about my acne! I have friends with acne, but its not the sort of thing I want to talk about with them as it would be so awkward! Thank god for acne.org!

I mainly talked to my mom. I never really talked about it though, just discussed treatment options and shit.

I have a couple friends who had acne too, but we didn't talk about it, except for a couple times late at night when we were drunk. We were too proud to be seen as weak, generally.

A couple of my friends are very supportive. They ask me how things are going and offer product suggestion, but not annoyingly, like the way strangers like to... Other friends seem more stand-offish or judgemental, though. I know not to talk about it with them, because I knowthat they do not understand, or want to understand. My parents never mention it and i'd feel uncomfortable if i brought it up to them. I can tell they feel sorry for me. o well, i don't want their pity. i'm cool eusa_dance.gif

No, nobody. Except my sister who askes sometimes how my skin is doin.

I always say something like "Same shit all day every day" and then the conversation about acne ends. I just don't want to talk about it with my family.

i NEVER talk to any of my family about my acne...

if it wasn't for this site i most proberly killed myself by now .. theirs lots of great ppl on this site .. and i feel safe and comfortable talking to them .. its a great relief to talk to sum1 about it!!