Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarred4lyfe

I'm looking for a new makeup

Ok..Right now I'm accutane but I'm looking for a new makeup that will cover up my many acne scars (The uneven skin tone I have) nicely since it cant cover up the pimples. Plus it would be nice if it did 'nt rub off easily and dont get oily and heavy at the end of the day.

I'm really not a fan of makeup but because acne has ruin my skin...I'm forced to wear it, So it would be helpful if anyone can suggest a good makeup that will make me look some what natural and not give me that "undead" look lol.gif

I use a light dusting of bare escentuals foundation all over and pure cover from aromaleigh on red marks. If I need to look alittle more matte I use porcelain powder from aromaleigh. Believe me, I've tried tons of makeup and these products are my favorites as far as a combination of looking natural and not aggravating acne goes. Mineral powder is extremely messy but I never liked getting foudation all over my fingers anyways. Hope these rcomendations help smile.gif

I'm a huge fan of MAC Studio Fix foundation (powder) and MAC Select cover up concealer.

I'm almost 29 and have used foundation since I was about 16. Before I tried these two products, probably just over a month ago, I'd always used liquid foundation and powder over the top.. I'd never managed to get an exact colour match for my face with liquid foundations.

Studio fix is so quick and easy to apply, compared to liquid foundations and I find it looks really natural. I also now have an exact colour match to my skin.. Studio Fix comes in so many different shades, it's likely you're going to find an exact match.

I do still use pressed powder, to keep my face shine free (Boots 17 pressed powder).

Some people say Studio Fix rubs off easily, but I really haven't found this..

Different things will suit different people, but I really love MAC products biggrin.gif

Guest Keeley

Another MAC studio fix fan here! biggrin.gif For the concealer I use MAC studio finish.. that covers really well! eusa_dance.gif

Guest Keeley

^^^ good point. if that is the case. I've heard that MAC studio tech (its cream base if I remember correctly), is great for dry skin, plus the coverage is much better!

hope that helps! cool.gif

Ok..Right now I'm accutane but I'm looking for a new makeup that will cover up my many acne scars (The uneven skin tone I have) nicely since it cant cover up the pimples. Plus it would be nice if it did 'nt rub off easily and dont get oily and heavy at the end of the day.

I'm really not a fan of makeup but because acne has ruin my skin...I'm forced to wear it, So it would be helpful if anyone can suggest a good makeup that will make me look some what natural and not give me that "undead" look lol.gif

I love, love, love Prescriptives foundations because of their colour matching...their technicians are the absolute TOPS!  They also have a wide variety of weights and formulations to choose from.  I am 42 years old now, and I have NEVER walked away from a Prescriptives counter with a foundation that did not match my skin colour, or meet the needs of my skin (which have changed a lot over the years).  Can't say enough about the reps!

Cashmira biggrin.gif

Cashmira- do you use the skin responsive tint? It sounds great but I'm worried that it will clog my pores. The prescriptives website is very convincing and the shades seem great.

I just started using Bare Minerals in place of my powder that i apply throughout the day. I apply my foundation in the morning and then dust over it with the Bare Minerals powder. (The Bare Minerals powder is too drying for me to use just as foundation)