Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest niko

I just noticed something

Guest niko

Over the last 3 years everyone who got Exoderm has reported 40-90%improvement. Just do a search on this site for exoderm and read the individual posts that show up. I am reconsidering a dermabrasion for an exoderm.

I don't want to start a frenzy, as with needling and dermabrasion, but seriously i have never heard anyone not get results from exoderm.

What are your thoughts?

I have been doing quite a bit of research on Exoderm.. checking out other message boards etc..I have not heard any negetives on this IMO very scary procedure...Everyone seems to be getting Excellent results.

However, I cannot find any before and after pictures of people who have had it.

Do you know of any links that show before and after pics?

I've been exercising for the past year. The latest months I exercise intensily and I follow a very healthy and appropriate nutrition for bodybuilding. The results so far are ok, but nothing dramatic (of course there are other benefits of exercing, but I thought it is more appropriate to talk about beauty here). Now, I could use steroids and gain muscle and sculp my body very quickly and see extraordinary results in very short time. But I don't do that? Why? Because I prefer to have health, rather than good looks!

That's the same with exoderm. Do it and face the risks of a half protected /cancer prone face.

Just my two cents, for those that consider exoderm and want to hear.

I have also been doing a lot of research on this procedure. I too have not seen any negative results. If you do a yahoo search titled "exoderm pictures" a link at the top will take you to numerous sites that provide numerous pictures. I have also read some post from messages boards dating back to 5 years ago and have heard nothing put positive results' especially from the ones that had the chemobrasion and touch ups performed. I found 3 people at "acne support group in cyberspace" (you will have to search through archieves), a couple at "yes there fake", a few at healthboards.com, and of course the people that post here. There are also numerous articles written and some comparative studies written that you will be able to find doing a search under exoderm. There is a very good comparative study written with documented photography of a girl who received laser treatment on one side of her face and exoderm on the other. It is located at www.exoderm.co.il. I hope this helps a little. I have also written a few physicians that perform it and have received some very good feedback. Just like everything else though, they will tell you that results are based on the individual; but the average seems to be between 40-90% as stated above with complete removal of very shallow scars. Hope this helps. Here are a couple of links that provide pictures (some of which may be touched-up) and information.

http://www.exoderm.co.il/articles/articles.html

http://www.knakiewicz.wroc.pl/uslugi/e%20d%20eng.htm

http://www.williamscosmeticsurgery.com/exoderm.htm

http://www.cosmeticsurgerytimes.com/cosmet...il.jsp?id=49471

http://www.exodermpeel.com/eng2.htm

http://www.lastrada.ru/en/services/exoderm.html

Guest niko

Nice one Northernflower, thanks for those links smile.gif

I have read many positive reviews about Exoderm for acne scars, but they were all Dr Rullan patients, he combines Exoderm with subscision, maybe that is key. Have you read any positive review from other doctor's patients?

Yes.  I think it was Steve123 that had his exoderm lift done by Dr. Williams from Colorodo.  There was another person that had theres done by a Dr. Becker from California (cant remember what site that person posted on;  I would have to research again), Kit (from acnesupportgroup in cyberspace had his done in Isreal and reported about a 40% improvement but was unsatisfied with that.  i do agree that the higher improvement rates seem to come from those that did have the chemobrasion done, although steve123 did not have the chemobrasion done due to being on accutane and was very pleased with the results.  There was someone else who had an exoderm done by another doctors whos name started with a P. but I cant remember what it was.  I should have been writing this stuff down when searching.  Anyways, it does sound like the most impressive procedure.  I do wish that I could see other pictures rather than the ones posted on the websites.  I have asked several people who have had their procedures done what the before and after pictures looked like in the portfolio and have been told by all that they looked great and was a determining factor in going through with the procedure themselves.  As far as for all the side effects that are so oftem pointed out, I have yet to have found anyone who has experienced any permanently.

As far as for all the side effects that are so oftem pointed out, I have yet to have found anyone who has experienced any permanently.

Thats a good question and Im not quite sure.  I would assume it could but that would have to be addressed to a plastic surgeon.  Has anyone else done any research and what is their opinion now on exoderm.  Everyone keeps talking about the "loss of pigmentation" but every physicians office I spoke with said that is is rare for that to happen with exoderm, especially in type I-III skin tones.  From what I have been told is that the "whitening effect" is more associated with the bakers peel, which is the original phenol peel and composed of different ingredients.  The exoderm lift was made of 12 different combined ingredients in order to lessen the side effects of each.  From what I gather, there is no more risk of hypopigmintation using exoderm in the hands of an experienced practitioner than there is in getting dermabrasion.  I have also inquired about other peels to get rid of acne scarring.  So far, from the majority of my responses from plastic surgeons, is that usually nothing less than a 50% TCA peel will help with acne scarring and usually requires more than one treatment. I have also been told numerous times that the risk of additional scarring is higher with TCA than with exoderm.

i just wanted to add something... i've had exoderm performed, and the whole logic behind exoderm is "a safe phenol peel" unlike traditional phenol peels, you are not left looking "albino" like one person said.

yes the risk with scarring with tca over phenol is higher...tca burns skin while phenol liquifies or melts away the skin. i formed a scar from tca, very tiny near my hair line, but exoderm melted it away. i forget if it was 25 or 30 percent tca...but it was full face, i'm happy with exoderm