Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Q1043-fan

BP stands for Bad Pharmaceutical

Hello board and all you precious board members! Don't lose hope over your skin condition and keep the faith, remember that always. If you do lack hope or faith no matter what, ask a loved one for a nice long back rub with mineral oil...or eat some luscious chocolate (you'll break out quicker from avoiding it and stressing yourself out than eating some and relieving stress--I know that for a fact). Why do I sound like I'm on something? Coz I am...vinegar and water. Not to mention a secret ingredient that Sofia Loren herself uses and doesn't tell anyone, though it's under your nose every day, so it's no big secret really...hint: she's Italian? cool.gif

Soooooooooo, JON CARLO, you saved my A$$, buddy. I only started your regimen today (or rather my dad's regimen that I never followed) but believe me it's better than never starting at all. Just reading this board about natural products like vinegar and water made me feel a whole lot better, reminding me suddenly of how right my dad always was. It's a shame that most kids take their parents for fools and avoid their advice like the plague. My whole life my dad always came up with his very own homemade remedies for curing my acne, like raw aloe right from the leaf (that he also made me EAT...for the fullest effect, in his words), mushed herbs that had me looking like the Swamp Thing, and even minced garlic (WHICH HURT LIKE AN ABSOLUTE BI*CH), and last but dreadfully not least, he applied RAW GOLDENSEAL on my face and MADE ME EAT IT...now let me tell you something folks, no squid guts or hundred-year-old egg on Fear Factor or live bugs can come close in taste to the Goldenseal. Once again, he likes things to their "fullest effect", so I had to up with just about everything a person can see in their worst nightmares shock.gif ...to no avail unfortunately...but, the fact of the matter is, BP or prescribed BP and antibiotic mixture did no better...but I'd rather put up with a muddy green face from the herbs than a swollen flaky one from the BP. I never used BP for more than 1 week at a time...I just couldn't go through with the god-awful side effects--you really need nerves of steel for that. So many times I started BP, whether Proactiv or prescribed, and stopped a week later, never following all the way through...you must be a complete moron to watch your face disintegrate before your very eyes when using BP every day and actually continue to feed the destruction. What the heck do you think the redness and peeling means? Daddy in his birthday suit? No, it's your skin's warning signals telling you to STOP IT eusa_naughty.gif ...STOP KILLING THE POOR, DEAR, INNOCENT THING. Ok, perhaps your skin is not so innocent when it attacks you with acne like that, but attack it back and it will return more fierce than before...'cause you'd be messing with Mother Nature and she doesn't like having her authority questioned by someone way beneath her. What I'm trying to convey here is that you should leave your skin alone and let Nature take its course, since getting in the way of this powerful force will only come back at you threefold, as I have experienced with chemical treatments. I mean, when I was taking Tetracycline for my acne for 2 weeks, I gave up all food except rice (the drug won't work otherwise...go online and see all the diet restrictions for that particular drug...they say avoid this, avoid that--it's plain nuts). So, I had a near-death experience and felt every minute of every day like my head was completely detached from my body. And that was only short-term so you wouldn't believe the damage it does in the long-term...eating away at your internal organs and all that. Your best bet would be to steer clear of its harmful path, as well as the BP. Now, BP not only accelerates aging of the skin by thinning it out dramatically after prolonged use (when I say prolonged, I mean 3 weeks, so I don't know what to call months of use...how about "INSANE"?), but weakens your immune system enough to increase the risk of getting cancer. That's right, why use a product that puts you through all that pain and suffering without actually delivering the worthwhile results it promises? When I asked my friend for her insight on the BP product she was using, she said, get this, that she knows it's not working for her after several months but will continue to use until it works someday in 10 years. She said using it is really just gambling your skin...you get your share of clear skin for a week and then it gets taken away from you and then returned and then lost again, and so on. What's the point of that if your acne fluctuates the same way naturally, on its own, without any help from foreign sources. Therefore, if your thinking about using chemicals to treat your mild or moderate acne, do so AT YOUR OWN RISK. But if you want your skin to breath and heal naturally the way God intended, just leave it alone and don't touch it with your hands or any chemicals out there. eusa_pray.gif

I can't stress this enough, but...IF IT'S NOT SAFE TO EAT, IT'S NOT SAFE TO USE ON YOUR SKIN. Think of all the pores on your skin as itty bitty mouths that swallow whatever you give them, which is then absorbed into your blood stream, meaning a certain percentage of the BP you apply to your skin is also carried through pore glands into your blood stream and messes up your whole system. I believe that Indian women are truly enlightened creatures because of the amount of love they give their skin. eusa_angel.gif They don't abuse it, but spoil it with nothing but natural products. For example, while they prepare a salad or chop up tomatoes for soup, they always rub their face with a piece of the veggies or fruits. Just like you feed your body with nutrients when you eat them, you feed your skin with nutrients just the same when you apply them on it. Don't hesitate to moisturize with oils like jojoba or flaxseed...any natural oils will do. You can wear them thick as a mask for a repairing effect for an hour or two, and wash it off with hot water. Or, you can apply them thin for daily moisturization. Remember, if you can eat it, your face sure can. There are endless food products out there you can use to benefit your skin, including oatmeal for weekly masks and milk for daily cleansing. Just Google the words "natural acne treatment" and see for yourself! Avoid all chemicals on your face like the plague, 'cause that's what they are, a plague in disguise. I'm so glad I stopped my topical treatment today since the discomfort has become a real turnoff. For those of you who are using it for a while, it's not too late to stop and recover the damage. Just follow JON CARLO'S advice in his post--he's one wise kid. wink.gif

Well, I hope this thread will help sway your decision about using harsh chemicals to treat your acne...and don't make me use reverse psychology on you, though it works for so many folks, including me. OK, DO USE BP AND SIMILAR TOPICALS AND ORAL ANTIBIOTICS AND RUIN YOUR SKIN...USE IT, GO AHEAD...IT'S YOUR FUNERAL. wacko.gif

Best wishes,

Yustas

The following is a Zeppelin song I chose for BP and oral antibiotics:

"I should have quit you, long time ago.

Oooooh, yeah yeah yeah, a long time ago.

I wouldn't be here, my children, down on this killin' floor.

I should have listened, baby, to my second mind

Ooooh I should have listened to my second mind.

Everytime I go away and leave you, darling, you send me the blues way down the line.

Said, people worry I can't keep you satisfied.

Let me tell you baby, you ain't nothin but a two-bit, no-good jive.

Went to sleep last night, worked as hard as I can,

Bring home my money, you take my money, give it to another man.

I should have quit you, baby, such a long time ago.

I wouldn't be here with all my troubles, down on this killing floor.