Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miss.crash

Propolis tincture-Have anyone in here tried it?

Propolis

· Activates the thymus gland and therefore strengthens the immune system · Stimulates white blood cells · Has a protective effect against virus infections (cold, flu, HIV, herpes), rheumatic fever, respiratory infections, inflammation · Protects against side effect of irradiation · Protects against damage to liver cells · Promotes healing of sores, wounds, acne, blemishes, eczema· Might prevent the development of cancer · Has beneficial effect on the bodies absorption of iron, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium · Protects the body from oxygen free radical damage (Diseases associated with free radical damage include cardiovascular diseases leading to heart attacks, strokes, neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer and Cancer as well poor liver function). The antioxidant, antimicrobial and antifungal activities of Propolis also offer opportunities in food technology and cosmetics. It is apparent, that Propolis incontestably has many nutritional and energetic benefits. The daily use has no counter-indications, in addition this product is being 100% natural and non-toxic.

I found this information on this site:

http://www.herbhealer.com/store/productdet...=39&ParentID=37

I have used Medicine Mama Apothecary's Ultra Beauty Balm, which contains propolis, manuka honey, royal jelly, bee pollen (and extra virgin olive oil). It wasn't really effective in clearing my acne but the balm definitely helps with calming redness and inflammation of existing blemishes, and I felt like the clear parts of my skin looked incredibly healthy.

It just hasn't proved helpful during really dry spells & BP usage, but I plan to go back to it once the air isn't so dry here in MN.