Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was hoping I wouldn't have to start one of these... but I'm hopeless at keeping track of progress on my own. Plus, I love the support and advice you all are so good at.

Anyway, I'm a 19 year old female who's been suffering from acne since I was about 14-15 years old. I've had ups and downs, right now is definately a down, which is why I'm back here. Things I've tried: Tretoinin, Clindoxyl, Retin-A, BP, various drugstore stuff.

I just came from my campus doctor who prescribed me Minocin and Clindoxyl gel. I'm definately going to try the Mino 'cause after I had my wisdom teeth out, and was on antibiotics, I noticed an improvement in my skin. That's why I chose the Mino over birth control. That, and my skin is constantly bad, not just at that time of the month. I'm not sure if I'm going to use the Clindoxyl gel. I'm really wary of anything with BP in it, since my biggest problem is probably red marks, and I don't want to prolong and new ones. Plus, I don't really think I need it. She also told me not to moisturize, which seems nuts. I might cut back to moisturizing just once a day, and see how dry my skin gets.

I'm going to let the breakout I have now clear up a bit, then I'll be starting treatment for red marks. I'm probably going to use the green tea toner (again) and diluted apple cider vinegar. I'll let you know when I start that! I just want smooth skin first... red marks can wait.

Well, now that I've gotten that over with, my regimen:

Morning:

Wash with Phisoderm 4-way cleanser (2% SA)

Pat dry, wait a few minutes

Moisturize with Dove for Sensitive Skin

Take 100mg Minocin

Night:

Wash with Phisoderm 4-way cleanser (2% SA)

I'd love to hear your experiences and advice! I've never taken an oral prescription for acne before, so I'm curious to see what will happen. eusa_pray.gif

i used phisoderm before, and i can tell you it did nothing for me if nething it mightve made me worse, but then again everyones skin is different it might work for you

Yes,

for some reason I still use phisoderm??? Well, soon as I finish the bottle i'm dropping it. I think its very drying. When I first started using phisoderm, it worked really well....but then it just became useless....

I hope it works better for you though!!

Yeah, I used to use Phisoderm about six months ago, then I switched to Dove for Sensitive Skin because my skin felt too "raw". I'm thinking it was because I was exfoliating with baking soda daily though. Over-exfoliation is the death of me! The Dove was gentle, but didn't really dry out my skin enough. I might switch to Spectro-jel or something once then antibiotic kicks in.

Day 1

Okay, so I know I started this post awhile ago, but today is day one of me actually doing my regimen. I've been using the Phisoderm cleanser for the past few days, and it's actually helped a bit. I think it's basically just dried out my skin, which can't go on forever. I think once the Minocin kicks in, I'm going to switch to Spectro-jel. I'll give it some time. I still have that god-awful problem area on the right side of my chin. I need to do some red mark treatment. Time to go back to the green tea toner. What about using the GTT in the mornings, and leaving diluted ACV on overnight? Anyone? Ciao!

Day 1

Okay, so I know I started this post awhile ago, but today is day one of me actually doing my regimen. I've been using the Phisoderm cleanser for the past few days, and it's actually helped a bit. I think it's basically just dried out my skin, which can't go on forever. I think once the Minocin kicks in, I'm going to switch to Spectro-jel. I'll give it some time. I still have that god-awful problem area on the right side of my chin. I need to do some red mark treatment. Time to go back to the green tea toner. What about using the GTT in the mornings, and leaving diluted ACV on overnight? Anyone? Ciao!

Wow, clearly I suck at keeping these things updated. Alright so I've been on mino for about two weeks now, and it's been okay. I've cleared up a bit, but nothing dramatic. I broke out today 'cause I went to a club last night and got all grimey and sweaty. I think I'm going to change moisturizers, because that's the only variable of my routine I haven't messed around with yet. I'm happy with cleansers, drugs, and everything else, so now I just need to find a light moisturizer. Anyone know a good one? I was using Cetaphil before... just because it had the SPF 15. I'm also going to start religiously using ACV for 20 mins at night. I've done it once and awhile, and it does improve the tone of my skin a bit. So we'll see how that goes... I'm just feeling frustrated, like my skin keeps getting a bit better and then plateaus and won't change. Damn.