Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

eusa_dance.gif Today was my first smoothbeam session with Dr.Chaundrey of Marlton. I went in a little nervous and anxious. While my numbing cream was sitting on my face I was consulted about how to care for my skin and I was given my skin care package full of products. Right now I will be using Replenix. It's great for inflammation and red skin because it contains green tea. When my smoothbeam started, I didn't feel anything. The cooling sensation actually felt really neat on my skin. My face was completely numb, and still is. She likes using Vbeam with Smoothbeam so she started with that afterwards. There was a little bit more stinging in certain areas with the Vbeam, but it was still pretty much painless. My session lasted about 15 minutes. She used a setting of 12 and she did about 350 pulses. She doesn't use any less than 300 pulses because you see faster results. After my treatment, they put a cooling mask over my face. I looked like a mummy, I actually took a pic and I'll post it later. While I waited, she came in to talk to me about what to expect from the treatments and to see how I was feeling. She said I can expect to see the results from the Vbeam within a week (it's used for redness and vascular lesions). My scars will start to fill in and smoothen very gradually and they will be just about completely gone when I'm done my treatments. She stressed that I stay out of the sun or use a sunblock if I have to go out because of hyperpigmentation. I go Friday for my microdermabrasion and the following friday after for my next smoothbeam/vbeam. Right now, the only redness is where I normally have it and that should go away in a few hours. I'm not sore or swollen and I don't have any discoloration or discomfort. I had about 3 pimples that she zapped and they're half the size the were when I went in. Right now, my skin feels tighter and a little warm. I'm so confident in my doctor and I'm so thrilled I finally started this for myself. Just 7 more weeks to go. I will keep posting about my progress and if any of you have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected] or just post them here.

I'm paying $2,000 for the package,which is 5 smoothbeam/Vbeams, 5 microdermabrasions, and cleansers etc. I paid half today and I pay the other half half way through teatment.

That's really great to hear! biggrin.gif And you got a really good deal there!! I got 4 smoothbeams done and I paid about the same (Canadian dollars, but still). I mean, sbeam AND microderm AND cleansers....why oh why aren't there places like this in Vancouver???? AGHGHGHGH. I know I complain so much about vancouver and the lack of such facilities, but it's SO true...... doubt.gif

Anyway, I have to say I didn't see much improvement, but your doctor seems very helpful and competent!! I hope you're free of the scars sooon! Please keep us updated and thanks a lot for the info.

Arya

Jeez, you really did get a good deal! I'm paying $3K for five PhotoDerm treatments, each spaced a month apart.

I'm not sure of the difference between Smoothbeam and PhotoDerm laser systems, but my experience so far has been a bit more traumatic w/my face being quite bruised and swollen after my first round w/the laser.

Sounds like you're doing good, though!

That's really great to hear! biggrin.gif And you got a really good deal there!! I got 4 smoothbeams done and I paid about the same (Canadian dollars, but still). I mean, sbeam AND microderm AND cleansers....why oh why aren't there places like this in Vancouver???? AGHGHGHGH. I know I complain so much about vancouver and the lack of such facilities, but it's SO true...... doubt.gif 

Anyway, I have to say I didn't see much improvement, but your doctor seems very helpful and competent!! I hope you're free of the scars sooon! Please keep us updated and thanks a lot for the info.

Arya

Jeez, you really did get a good deal!  I'm paying $3K for five PhotoDerm treatments, each spaced a month apart.

I'm not sure of the difference between Smoothbeam and PhotoDerm laser systems, but my experience so far has been a bit more traumatic w/my face being quite bruised and swollen after my first round w/the laser. 

Sounds like you're doing good, though!

I'm so sorry to hear that! Did they tell you to expect that? I'm not sure about the difference between the two either. I thought that I would have to go about 4 weeks apart, but I'm going every other week with the microderms in between. I was worried about this actually because I didn't want any blistering or scabbing like I've heard about. She's never had this happen with any of her patients, and she said you see results sooner than you would if you wait a month. $3K sounds like so much money, but maybe the treatments are more affective? Did you try ice packs to reduce swelling? Keep me up to date on your progress!

Not to burst your bubble---I really do hope you get good results--but there is no way you will see improvement from Smoothbeam in just a week......what you are seeing is swelling which tigthens your face and makes the indent look less noticeable

smoothbeam may not improve your scars: it did nothing for mine and I had five treatments at high power levels from a very reputable doctor.

I'm so sorry to hear that! Did they tell you to expect that? I'm not sure about the difference between the two either. I thought that I would have to go about 4 weeks apart, but I'm going every other week with the microderms in between. I was worried about this actually because I didn't want any blistering or scabbing like I've heard about. She's never had this happen with any of her patients, and she said you see results sooner than you would if you wait a month. $3K sounds like so much money, but maybe the treatments are more affective? Did you try ice packs to reduce swelling? Keep me up to date on your progress!

I'm going by what my doc said and she told me there will be drastic improvement in my scarring with smoothbeam and microdermabrasion. I realize that some people may not have seen results with smoothbeam, but everybody is different. I just started my first treatment yesterday and it's way too early to tell any results it will have on my scars yet. I'm going by what my doctor is telling me.

I'm going by what my doc said and she told me there will be drastic improvement in my scarring with smoothbeam and microdermabrasion. I realize that some people may not have seen results with smoothbeam, but everybody is different. I just started my first treatment yesterday and it's way too early to tell any results it will have on my scars yet. I'm going by what my doctor is telling me.

Hey arya.... I live in vancouver and am seeing DR Boey at the Arbutus Laser clinic (www.arbutuslaser.com) . He is charging me about 350 for my v-beams and 75-100 for each smoothbeam . He said the vbeam should reduce the redness by about 50% and the smoothbeam he said, will improve the overall apperance but will not get rid of them(as I know).He however said he did have some really good results on some people kinda depends on the person and scarring type... Anyways u should check em out if u haven't already plus the consult is free when u have a referal from ur family doc...actually u have to have one regardless to see him...hope this helps...my first Vbeam is in a few days ..do 2 .. then 6 smoothies...

Hey arya.... I live in vancouver and am seeing DR Boey at the Arbutus Laser  clinic  (www.arbutuslaser.com) . He is charging me about 350 for my v-beams and 75-100 for each smoothbeam . He said the vbeam should reduce the redness by about 50% and the smoothbeam he said, will improve the overall apperance but will not get rid of them(as I know).He however said he did have some really good results on some people kinda depends on the person and scarring type... Anyways u should check em out if u haven't already plus the consult is free when u have a referal from ur family doc...actually u have to have one regardless to see him...hope this helps...my first Vbeam is in a few days ..do 2 .. then 6 smoothies...

It's only day 3 and I already notice a big improvement in my skins texture. My skin is so smooth and my pimples are pretty much gone. My color is definitely more even. I took warm shower today and for the first time after my face wasn't red and blotchy. I think the replenix cleanser and moisturize is working great too. I'm aleady starting to get my confidence back.

It's been nearly two weeks since my first Smoothbeam, and I see some difference. My skin is more even, if that makes sense, although I did have some initial breakouts.

Unfortunately, I don't see much improvement with my periorbital lines. These were formed after years of face-crushing side sleeping, so that left lines along each orbital bone (So much for thinking high cheekbones were an asset). Actually, those lines annoy me more than my light acne scarring. I guess seeing them is a sign that I'm definitely not young anymore (I just turned 32).

For my next appointment on April 9th, I'm gonna ask the LPN to get more aggressive in those areas.

I had my second Smoothbeam and Vbeamdone Friday and my first Vibraderm done the Friday before. I had some peeling last week, which only lasted for about 2 days. My scars are already filling in nicely. They're not as deep as they were before. The red marks left under my skin are fading away more and more each day. I know some people haven't seen a big improvement with smoothbeam, but I am and it's only been 3 weeks. I think it has a lot to do with my doc and her technique. She uses the Vbeam in with the smoothbeam and she double pulses over areas that can handle it. It leaves me a little red for about 2 days, but it's well worth it because I see quicker results. My doc is truly amazing and I'm so happy I started this for myself.

It's been nearly two weeks since my first Smoothbeam, and I see some difference. My skin is more even, if that makes sense, although I did have some initial breakouts.

Unfortunately, I don't see much improvement with my periorbital lines. These were formed after years of face-crushing side sleeping, so that left lines along each orbital bone (So much for thinking high cheekbones were an asset). Actually, those lines annoy me more than my light acne scarring. I guess seeing them is a sign that I'm definitely not young anymore (I just turned 32).

For my next appointment on April 9th, I'm gonna ask the LPN to get more aggressive in those areas.

Hi there, what do you mean about double pulse? I have complained much about smoothbeam, but I'm thinking of getting two more treatments done (coz I only got 4 done last year)...... I am sick and tired of my scars, they look worse and worse by the day. God.  cry.gif

HFTbest, you're so lucky you have such a good doctor. The place I got mine done, they aren't doctors...I think they just know how to use the machine...I mean, it's run by a doctor, but the ppl who actually perform it aren't. eusa_think.gif, so I don't think they're as competent with what techniques etc is good. That's great to hear about your improvement. It's amazing that you're seing such good results from just a few weeks!!! Maybe also because you're caucasian, so it works better...*shrug*. I'm south asian, so...

Please let me know about double pulse! Thank you!!

Nor does the success of it depend on a person's skin type.  It's just  really somebody's ability to produce collagen to fill in the scars and to an extent, the type of scars.

Hi there, what do you mean about double pulse? I have complained much about smoothbeam, but I'm thinking of getting two more treatments done (coz I only got 4 done last year)...... I am sick and tired of my scars, they look worse and worse by the day. God.  cry.gif

HFTbest, you're so lucky you have such a good doctor. The place I got mine done, they aren't doctors...I think they just know how to use the machine...I mean, it's run by a doctor, but the ppl who actually perform it aren't. eusa_think.gif, so I don't think they're as competent with what techniques etc is good. That's great to hear about your improvement. It's amazing that you're seing such good results from just a few weeks!!! Maybe also because you're caucasian, so it works better...*shrug*. I'm south asian, so...

Please let me know about double pulse! Thank you!!

Hi! I'm very interested in your progress with smoothbeam and vbeam treatment. I am seriously considering undergoing this procedure also. Someone has mentioned before that smoothbeam is ineffective for people of south asian decent. I was wondering if this applies to all asians or only of south asian decent. Those of you who have any knowledge of this, a response on this post would be greatly appreciated.

For hopingforthebest:

I noticed from your ID that you're from new jersey. I'm also from new jersey. I was wondering if you can give me information about your derm (name, location and phone number). I have been looking for a derm who offer both treatments of smoothbeam and vbeam. Your derm sounds pretty good and I am definitely interested in seeing your doctor. And one more question...what is your skin type (sensitive, combination skin, etc) and what kind of acne did you have? Thanks!

Hi Hopingforthebest! I'm wondering how you are doing after your smoothbeam? Do you notice a change in your skin texture? I am contemplating getting two treatments of SB done possibly in May and June. I am a little nervous about it. I would love to hear how yours is progressing!

Hi everybody. I wanted to post an update on how my skin is doing. eusa_clap.gif I'm in love with my doctor and my progress thus far. My scars are improving fast and my skins texture is sooooo smooth. My redness and pigmentation is almost virtually gone. I've gotten so many compliments on how soft and glowing my skin looks. I go in for my THIRD smoothbeam/vbeam tomorrow afternoon and I can't wait. I'm posting my doctors information here for those of who want to go in for a free consultation.

Dr. Nadia Chaudhry of Marlton,NJ

856-988-8230

Hi Hopingforthebest! I'm wondering how you are doing after your smoothbeam? Do you notice a change in your skin texture? I am contemplating getting two treatments of SB done possibly in May and June. I am a little nervous about it. I would love to hear how yours is progressing!

[/quoteDon't be nervous, the numbing creme they use today is amazing and you barely feel a thing! And at least with my doc, there's no downtime. If you're going in for scars, you'll probably need more than two teatments. If you're going in to improve your skin's texture and lines, definitely go for 1 or 2 because you see drastic results in you pores etc. My smoothness has improved drastically!