Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

im 19 now, and ive been dealing with acne for about 9 years, ive gone to doctors and dermatologists and i lost hope in them. ive tried all the benzoly perxoide products, vitamin A cream, solugel, differin gel, most of all the drug store products, ive changed my diet, tried proactiv, i went on birth control, and tried natural treatments, after trying all these i did the accutane treatment that worked amazingly other than having very dry and sensetive skin, my skin cleared up for about a year with only minor break outs, i thought i had the acne thing dealt with, now after everything ive done, its back, i have bad acne on my face, back and chest, and i dont know what to do anymore, i thought i could just wait it out and it was temporary breakout but its been months now that ive been trying to cover it up and hide it, i thought accutane did the trick but i was so wrong, does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do now?

im 19 now, and ive been dealing with acne for about 9 years, ive gone to doctors and dermatologists and i lost hope in them. ive tried all the benzoly perxoide products, vitamin A cream, solugel, differin gel, most of all the drug store products, ive changed my diet, tried proactiv, i went on birth control, and tried natural treatments, after trying all these i did the accutane treatment that worked amazingly other than having very dry and sensetive skin, my skin cleared up for about a year with only minor break outs, i thought i had the acne thing dealt with, now after everything ive done, its back, i have bad acne on my face, back and chest, and i dont know what to do anymore, i thought i could just wait it out and it was temporary breakout but its been months now that ive been trying to cover it up and hide it, i thought accutane did the trick but i was so wrong, does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do now?

i'd suggest asking the derm for another round of Accutane.. many people have needed two to three rounds for sucess. from what i have read, the second round usaually yeilds good results and if it does reoccur, the breakouts are much less. You might want to discuss this with your Derm since you hae already done it once and know the effects outcomes etc.. your derm will prob be much more willingly to prescribe the tane to you

best of luck

i'd suggest asking the derm for another round of Accutane.. many people have needed two to three rounds for sucess. from what i have read, the second round usaually yeilds good results and if it does reoccur, the breakouts are much less. You might want to discuss this with your Derm since you hae already done it once and know the effects outcomes etc.. your derm will prob be much more willingly to prescribe the tane to you

best of luck

i wanted to avoid going back on accutane considering all the side effects that are coming up, i also read that having a healthy liver is very important in maintaining clear skin, and accutane strains your liver, i would prefer not going on accutane again, so i was looking for any other suggestions without resorting to going on accutane

i wanted to avoid going back on accutane considering all the side effects that are coming up, i also read that having a healthy liver is very important in maintaining clear skin, and accutane strains your liver, i would prefer not going on accutane again, so i was looking for any other suggestions without resorting to going on accutane

have you tried B5? how bad is your acne? cystic? on face back chest or all of the above?

have you tried B5? how bad is your acne? cystic? on face back chest or all of the above?

i havent tried b5, but im deffinately going to start.... its not cystic acne on my chest but just little pimples, they just wont go away though, my back isnt that bad at all, but its basiclly the same thing as my chest...my face is very irritated and red and i just get the same little pimples on my forhead mostly

i havent tried b5, but im deffinately going to start.... its not cystic acne on my chest but just little pimples, they just wont go away though, my back isnt that bad at all, but its basiclly the same thing as my chest...my face is very irritated and red and i just get the same little pimples on my forhead mostly

have you tried the neutrogena body acne wash on chest? try using some non sensitive soaps and also evavluate what u use for detergent and static sheets.. i personally do not have any body acne (knock on wood) but from ready all these post. this is something you might want to try.

have you tried the neutrogena body acne wash on chest? try using some non sensitive soaps and also evavluate what u use for detergent and static sheets.. i personally do not have any body acne (knock on wood) but from ready all these post. this is something you might want to try.

i havent tried neutrogena body wash, and ive always used dove soap....as my dermotologits recomended, i dont use fabric softener on my clothes, because fabric softener is an oil based product, and if no one knew that, then you know now, dont use fabric softner! but thanks for your advice and im going to start taking b5 and try some body washed for acne