Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arpazia

Desodine & Hydrocortisone Warning

This is not a rant. This is not a rave. This is me posting information that I just discovered about Desodine and other hydrocortisone creams and lotions. Anyone thinking of trying either out, please read this response to my post regarding Desodine in the Red Marks Forum:

“You need to be really careful when using steroid creams on your face as they can (with long-term use) cause a condition called Steroid Rosacea which, perversely, will make your face constantly red and in time can lead to acne-type bumps on your face that aren't acne at all, but immune cells leaking from damaged blood vessels up through your dermis. I'm speaking from experience My condition was caused by using a 1% hydrocortisone cream, which the doctor prescribed to help control my sebderm.�

shock.gif

I cancelled my dermatologist appointment today because it is freakin’ cold out and I’ve been battling a head cold so I really don’t want to drive into the city. Now, I know I need to talk to my dermatologist about the miracle lotion he prescribed for me. In the meantime, I am going to stop using it and I will let you know (especially Unlucky since he mentioned it) if the red marks come back full force.

Another day in the life of Arpazia, test bunny. wacko.gif

This is not a rant. This is not a rave. This is me posting information that I just discovered about Desodine and other hydrocortisone creams and lotions. Anyone thinking of trying either out, please read this response to my post regarding Desodine in the Red Marks Forum:

“You need to be really careful when using steroid creams on your face as they can (with long-term use) cause a condition called Steroid Rosacea which, perversely, will make your face constantly red and in time can lead to acne-type bumps on your face that aren't acne at all, but immune cells leaking from damaged blood vessels up through your dermis. I'm speaking from experience My condition was caused by using a 1% hydrocortisone cream, which the doctor prescribed to help control my sebderm.�

:shock:

I cancelled my dermatologist appointment today because it is freakin’ cold out and I’ve been battling a head cold so I really don’t want to drive into the city. Now, I know I need to talk to my dermatologist about the miracle lotion he prescribed for me. In the meantime, I am going to stop using it and I will let you know (especially Unlucky since he mentioned it) if the red marks come back full force.

Another day in the life of Arpazia, test bunny. :wacko:

Immune cells? While i know about the bumps, your description of what causes them is not correct.