Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alina

Yasmin--breaking out and cranky!!!

Help!! I have been on yasmin for about 9 days, and im breaking out more, i always break out on the sides of my face like the outer cheeks and i have more breakouts--will i have to wait a while and stay on yasmin?? I am also very irritable and feel nauseated and just dont feel well. Any suggestions??

Help!! I have been on yasmin for about 9 days, and im breaking out more, i always break out on the sides of my face like the outer cheeks and i have more breakouts--will i have to wait a while and stay on yasmin?? I am also very irritable and feel nauseated and just dont feel well. Any suggestions??

skindeep can i ask if u switched to something better or have a regimen thats working for you??It would really help, thanks!

Alina-

Unfortunately, even if you switch BCPs.. you will continue to feel crappy and probably break out. Any and all pills take about 3-6 months to show results. My doctor told me this, and I freaked out. I think the pill Im on (estrostep) is causing me to break out in places I didnt break out before..but I havent gotten the usual 5-7 cysts on my chin as of yet..which I usually get about that many by now. (Based on the number of pills left) Im on my 3rd month. So I guess it is true that you have to wait.

My gyno told me 6 months for the results, my derm said if things dont change in the 3rd month..You can change if you want.

So, its always different based on oppinion. Good Luck!

what is the best time of day to take the pill?? I take it at dinner time, and the pamphelet says to take it in the evenings with a meal, but my doc just told me to switch to taking it in the mornings--is that what all the other folks here are doing??

I would like to see how many ladies have had problems with BCPs. I think ortho tri-cyclen may have caused me to breakout too plus I think it caused my skin to become super sensitive (I can't use most hair conditioners, mosituizers, latex anything). I also have had changes in my mood, fine one minute crying the next. What are BCPs suppose to do for your skin any way.

Yasmin caused me to break out on my jawline, cheeks, and chin. THis is an area I never broke out previously. I got off it after 11 days, but I'm still breaking out there even 2 weeks later. ON top of that, it is VERY itchy. I suppose it could be an allergic reaction or something....but it's not going away....very scared of Yasmin!!

Eek, this is scary!

I'm going to start Yasmin in a few days, mainly for menstrual problems but also because I have acne and thought it might help clear it up.

Has anybody else had side effects that lasted even after you quit the pill, and did they ever go away?

For every Yasmin horror story, there is a Yasmin success story.

I have been on it for about 6 months and am totally clear.

My sex drive is completely intacto.

I have no mood swings, no PMS, have LOST weight, and, for the first time in my life, have regular periods.

My skin looks better than it probably ever has...not a pimple in sight.

I love it!

The bottom line is BCPs are a very individualistic thing...what works for one may cause misery to another. The only way to find out what works for YOU is to try it out. Good luck to you! biggrin.gif

I was on Yasmin for 2 years. I had been on 2 other kinds prior to that with no acne. It was determined that Yasmin caused my cystic acne at the age of 23. I had never had so much as a pimple previous to that. I used to model and my photographs did not need to be touched up because I had a gorgeous complexion.

I'm now 26 and after 3 years of trips to a couple of dermatologists, I'm now in my 3rd month of Accutane. For me, the effects of Yasmin were not temporary.

My doctors have always told me to take it at night, when I brush my teeth. It is not uncommon to have an upset stomach for awhile. It takes my body about a month for my mood, etc. to adjust to a new pill.

I lost weight on Yasmin, too, but I've gotten the same results from drinking Green Tea.

The important point thing is to have your hormone levels checked before your doctor prescribes a pill.

guys-- for those of u that yasmin DID work for--did the feeling of nausea go away eventually??I also feel depressed as hell help me!!!

Alina, the nausea will eventually go away, like GoSaints said, it will take your body a month or so to get adjusted to the pill. Whenever I switched pills I was nauseaus for a week, two at max.

alina,

Any nausea I felt initially went away once I started taking my pill in the evening, right after I eat dinner. Had no problems after that.

I've been on Yasmin for a year. I'm finishing up my last month of it before I go off of it. I went on it not only for my acne, but also because I had difficulty getting my periods, I had severe breast soreness, cramping and bloating.

After I went on Yasmin, I almost immediately noticed a difference. I actually GOT my periods on time (this was exciting to me, I swear), my boobs didn't hurt anymore (WHAT a relief, my god), I didn't cramp and I never retained water weight (it has a diuretic in it). I also didn't get much acne anymore on my jawline and mouth area. Nowadays I don't get even one breakout when I'm on my period, whereas I used to get tremendously red pimples all around my mouth and on my jawline during that time of the month. It was awful. *edit* I must note, however, that Yasmin did not cure my acne. I still broke out on my cheeks, but from what I recall the jawline and mouth areas are a bit more connected to our menstrual cycles than our cheeks are. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. *endedit*

Please give Yasmin a try. While it won't work the same for every woman, it has done so many wonderful things for me that I would hope it would do great things for you girls. The ONLY thing that I found bothersome about Yasmin is that I pee a LOT more than I used to... But it's supposed to do that, and I'll take peeing a lot over bloating anyday.

Good luck! smile.gif

*nods at Debonaire re: the peeing!!!*

But I have always drank water like it's going out of style, so I'm used to that. And as Debonaire said, it's a lot better than bloating!!!

thank you so much guys I am going to stick to it for at least a month and update you all--Ive just been so emotional and I feel like this pill may cause me to break up with my husband!!Ha ha lets see what happens!!

The instruction booklet says you can take it at any time (so long as you're consistent), but has anybody, in their own experience, found a certain time of day to be best, in terms of preventing nausea, etc? Is it better to take with food?

I was planning on taking it at night because it'd be convenient, but I don't know if taking it and sleeping on an empty stomach would be more likely to cause side effects.

I'll take any precaution to avoid the possibility of vomiting. I haven't puked in 6 years (**knocks on wood**)!

Puking sux! sad.gif

LOL!

Just so ya know...even when I was feeling nausea when I first started the pill, it never reached puking proportions. I just had that queasy, uncomfortable feeling. That's all.

hey guys, my skin is doing pretty well even though it has been a little over a week, i havent gotten new cysts and any zits i do get dry up quickly, i hope this just gets better and better and if im not totally satisfied in like 2 months i think i wanna go on accutane.How did it do for others for their acne??thanks in advance!

hey guys, my skin is doing pretty well even though it has been a little over a week, i havent gotten new cysts and any zits i do get dry up quickly, i hope this just gets better and better and if im not totally satisfied in like 2 months i think i wanna go on accutane.How did it do for others for their acne??thanks in advance!

i started breaking out after taking Yasmin for the first time.. but then i also just started taking Accutane the same time too... So it was hard to tell if the headaches and whatnots were from the Accutane or Yasmin.

I have menstrual problems and i had bad nodular acne. i think my hormones were outta whack. i can't say which is going to help me though. the Yasmin or the Accutane.

i'm just looking forward to having regular periods every month and no cramps because i get cramps big time.