Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sueinla

50% TCA CROSS

Hi all! I was so excited to try CROSS after reading the threads thoroughly.

I ordered 50% TCA and tried CROSS on a few icepicks last night. I got fairly sharp toothpicks, cleaned the area well, dipped the tip of the toothpick in the acid for a few seconds, and poked the tip into the holes with a good amount of pressure for a few seconds. I re-dipped the tip and applied a second layer.

The only thing I really noticed was that the toothpick went in a lot further than I thought it could / would. There was no frosting, no extreme burning, and today it just seems like the holes are deeper than before I did the procedure. I didn't want to apply a third layer last night, but now that I see there's no redness or sensitivity, should I try it again or wait a couple of days? Should I have soaked the toothpicks in the TCA for a longer period of time, or is 100% the way to go to see results?

Thanks in advance for replies... It's so nice to be able to indulge this obsessive-compulsiveness with my face. eusa_dance.gif

Hi! Don't worry it usually looks deeper right after you cross. I haven't done TCA 50%, I only did the TCA 100%. I think TCA 50% will give you good results because i read old kato previous posts and he's been getting great results with just 50%. Good luck with your crosses!! Let us know how it goes! wink.gif

Sue:

DO NOT apply more to your face. It might take a day or two for you to see any changes, and the spots you crossed might look deeper, but you were already pretty aggressive with this treatment, so please wait and see. I think you'll most likely start to see some darkening or scabbing of the areas within a day or two, and then you'll see that doing another round would have been a bad idea. I did 50% TCA on several spots on my face, and believe me, one dip applied lightly onto the spots was enough for me. I had one spot drip on me despite being extra careful, and luckily it healed up fine, but it goes to show you that even with 50%, mistakes can be scary, so don't go higher than 50% unless you're just not afraid of that kind of thing. 50% is just fine, and it may take you more treatments and you might not get results as fast, but you won't have as much risk of screwing up either. I was plenty nervous with 50%, but I have to say that it almost completely erased some of the smaller icepicks I had, and definitely improved a couple boxscars I used it on. But it's not to be taken lightly, and please don't overdo it.

Wait and see what happens, and you can always repeat the procedure in a few months. Also, I'd advise not doing too many spots at once. I did about 10 at once and couldn't stand how horrid they looked for at least 2 weeks. I spent that time hiding out in my house. If I'd stuck to one at a time (patience isn't my strong point), I could've more easily monitored progress and dealt with the unsightly scabbing. Much easier to cover up 1 spot than 10 or 15.

Just use caution with this method. I think with time and patience and in moderation, TCA CROSS is a terrific scar treatment method. But it's easy to overdo, so please be conservative.

Good luck.

~Kat

Hi Kat:

Thanks for your response. This morning the spots I crossed still look deeper than before I did the procedure, and now they also look darker. The difference is probably something only I would notice. It doesn't look like they'll form scabs, which really might be a good thing. I didn't want to go around with little scabbies all over my nose, anyway, so this might be a happy medium.

I did just a few more spots last night (before I read your response), and they also look like nothing's been done. I followed up with the copper peptide serum, and nothing stung or burned. "Easy does it" has never been my motto, but these scars have been here for years. I suppose a few months more won't make much of a difference.

I'll post progress reports from time to time.

Sueinla,

I have done about 5 TCA Cross 50% self-administered. My initial experience with TCA Cross was two 100% TCA Cross by a Derm. where I experience great improvement on my icepicks. I tjem purchased 50% TCA and proceed to do it myself. My first few TCA Cross had little results. No scabs formed. It was barely darken. I believe it is becasue I did not put enough TCA into the scars. I now dip the toothpick into the scar 3 -5 times times. I now get scabs that typically last a week or more. The filling in of pits has been much much better than before. This has been my experience. Each person is different so proceed with caution. TCA Cross with 50% may need more applications to give the necessary acid burn to cause the skin to start to fill up again.

Hi all!  I was so excited to try CROSS after reading the threads thoroughly.

I ordered 50% TCA and tried CROSS on a few icepicks last night.  I got fairly sharp toothpicks, cleaned the area well, dipped the tip of the toothpick in the acid for a few seconds, and poked the tip into the holes with a good amount of pressure for a few seconds.  I re-dipped the tip and applied a second layer. 

The only thing I really noticed was that the toothpick went in a lot further than I thought it could / would.  There was no frosting, no extreme burning, and today it just seems like the holes are deeper than before I did the procedure.  I didn't want to apply a third layer last night, but now that I see there's no redness or sensitivity, should I try it again or wait a couple of days?  Should I have soaked the toothpicks in the TCA for a longer period of time, or is 100% the way to go to see results?

Thanks in advance for replies... It's so nice to be able to indulge this obsessive-compulsiveness with my face.  eusa_dance.gif

The same thing happened to me and I used 100% TCA using the same method but only applying once. Where did you get your TCA from. I got mine from peelsondemand.com and I am kind of curious as to whether I am using an appropriate product.

Old Kato:

I'm so glad you replied! I'm kinda like a fan... I've read all your posts. wub.gif

I didn't want to be so aggressive on my first go at this, but I think I'll try again in a few weeks, as you recommend. I'm also asian, so I think my skin is a little more resistant to topical treatments.

NorthernFlower:

I got my 50% TCA from ebay. I think the seller's name was Mallie, and I chose her because she displayed an esthetician's license, which none of the others did. This really is no sure guarantee that what she's selling is what she's advertising, but it made me feel just a little more secure in buying from her than the others.

Last night I wondered if this stuff really worked, so I applied some TCA on a little freckle I have on the underside of my forearm. I dulled the tip of the toothpick a bit, soaked it in the acid for longer than I had before, and applied it to the freckle maybe 5 times. It did frost and sting, so I'm fairly sure that the product I have is legitimate. Today the spot is a little red, so I'm waiting to see if it scabs.