Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cen7

How does accutane actually work?

I've read a few things about how accutane pushes gunk to the surface?! How does it actually do this!? I'm only on my 7th pill (20mg a day) and kind of already noticing this. My face is also starting to dry out especially after I wash my face with antibiotic soap! Also felt the first crack in my lip today?!!! Why so early?

Thanks

Ryan.

If it’s a double-post, I don’t see its twin. I guess you merged them, Craig.

As GO said, the drug companies don’t know how it really works so we’re always open to new theories here. I’ve always thought that as Accutane was decreasing the size of my oil glands, the oil was being pushed to the surface and causing those Accutane breakout blues. Still, it’s just a theory. Minatare androids could very well be put inside every pill and they make their way through your body guzzling down all the sebum you can produce. We also might be swallowing homing beacons for UFO’s and one day we’ll all get together for that Acne.Org Party on the mother ship when they finally decide to pick us up. Translated: your guess is as good as any other and you might as well make it as Science Fiction as possible.

So, why are you still washing with an antibiotic soap? Switch to Cetaphil or Dove. It’s much gentler on your skin.

Chapped lips after seven days isn’t unusual. Pick up some Aquaphor and smear it over your lips often. I think my lips were dry around the same time. It took me a month to find Aquaphor because it isn’t in the lip balm section. Go to the hand cream and moisturizer section. You’ll find it there.

Thanks, Paul: for telling me where the post is and for getting the Dove commercial stuck in my head. That guy's voice saying "Dove is one quarter moisturizer so it won't dry your skin with ordinary soap."

I mean the old school Dove Soap Bar commercial that was probably on before many of you were born. Maybe it’s just my inherent Jersey accent but the way he said “quarter� really bothered me. It sounded nothing like quwater. It was so California.