Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RuleofThumb

Concealer Help....

Is there a concealer I can get from a local store like wal mart or albertsons that won't clog pores and cause me to breakout? I just want a simple concealer. I am male but I'm willing to get whatever kind of make up.

Is there a concealer I can get from a local store like wal mart or albertsons that won't clog pores and cause me to breakout? I just want a simple concealer. I am male but I'm willing to get whatever kind of make up.

If you want to cover acne scars, choose a concealer that is a cream in consistency. The more liquid, runny concealers are too light to provide any satisfactory cover up.

Some people like Revlon's Colorstay because it lasts quite long and doesn't come off as easily as other concealers, but it is somewhat liquid.

I use Smashbox (qvc.com) Foundation Stick. It applies with a brush and is very easy to use and gives great opaque coverage.

For heavier duty coverage, I use Dermablend which must be set with Setting Powder. Once it's set, you can swim an shower with it. Just don't touch or rub it....just blot carefully if it gets wet or oily. Dermablend can be found in major department stores.