Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a_minor

aloe vera gel

I have and have had minor acne since I was 20 and am now 23. I just came across this site and I'm just trying to share with others what I've learned from living with acne.

I'm sure so many of you have tried this but aloe vera gel does wonders for healing acne and moisturizing under make up. Hwat I do when I have a bad break out is come home from work wash my face thoroughly and apply aloe vera gel and leave it til the next morning, wash and tone my face in the shower and apply the aloe vera again before makeup.

I use it under makeup too. It's perfect for that. I used to use it at night and in the morning. Now I need more moisture, so I use jojoba at night.

aloe vera gel is amazing. I don't use creams on my face, they just seem 2 break me otu no matter what kind they r. I use aloe in the morning and at night..or whenever it's needed. Also beacuse of it's healing properties, it helps with those nasty red marks. biggrin.gif

aloe vera gel is amazing. I don't use creams on my face, they just seem 2 break me otu no matter what kind they r. I use aloe in the morning and at night..or whenever it's needed. Also beacuse of it's healing properties, it helps with those nasty red marks. biggrin.gif

can i use it instead of a mosturizer at night ? since i don;t need the spf protection

Yes, definitely.  Just be sure to get as pure a product as you can.  "lily of the desert" and a few other brands are like 99% aloe with just vitamins A, C and E added.  Don't get the drugstore stuff that is colored green.

Yes, definitely.  Just be sure to get as pure a product as you can.  "lily of the desert" and a few other brands are like 99% aloe with just vitamins A, C and E added.  Don't get the drugstore stuff that is colored green.

LOL, yeahh I guess that's why I don't have one either...but I really don't think they're 2 hard 2 care 4..kind of liek a cactus

i have been using fruit of the earth and its clear with no added color it says.. i just want to make sure i don;t clog pores with it