Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brad0707

i wanna quit regimen but dont wanan get zits..

well i been on regimen for about a year and i been on and off some times im clear but some times im really bad broken out and im tired of spending money and doing the regimen every day and nite and worrying about when i go ovr to friends house for that nite.... i wanna quit but i dont wanna do nothing about it i want to do something easier that might work better mybe like something else i could by like pills? or vitimins i can take? any suggestions just want it to be easier to do everything like taking pills.. and not having a dry face all the time bk of the regimen like during the day i always wonder if i have skin cells all ovr my face ...... can anyone help has anyone done this b4?? plz help!!!

You might want to ween yourself slowly and use a more gentle product in turn. The Acne Cure has a whole chapter on a routine once you've gotten clear skin. I'm still trying to get rid of red marks so I haven't followed the books advice in that chapter yet. Hope this helps

I can't think of anything you could do that would be much easier. There are other topical antibiotics you could switch to that wouldn't be as drying, and might not require moisturizer -- for instance, 5-10% tea tree oil in emu oil, or 10% sodium sulfacetamide lotion (Rx). If the dry face is bothering you more than the work of applying a topical, than these are good options. Bear in mind the tea tree oil option will have a strong smell that few people like.

Some people find they have acne bc of food intolerances, so changing diet could help.

Some people have found success takin megadoses of B5..however that's A LOT of pillS to take every day. Another possibility is antibiotic pills or accutane (both Rx), but antibiotics usually cause a relapse when you stop, and both choices can have negative side effects.

Changing diet cleared me up. Drop all grain products (bread, cakes, rice etc), junk food (coffee, pizza, alcohol) and sweets. Eat many vegetables and fruits, eggs too, drink a lot of water and tea. That should help considerably. Good luck.

Changing diet cleared me up. Drop all grain products (bread, cakes, rice etc), junk food (coffee, pizza, alcohol) and sweets. Eat many vegetables and fruits, eggs too, drink a lot of water and tea. That should help considerably. Good luck.

yea diet never did anything for me. And my b/f is Italian so not eating bread and pasta is out. Plus cutting those foods (which have carbs) take away all your energy, so i found it hard to work out when i was on this crazy fruit and veggie diet.... its not worth it.

But i have to agree that nothing is easier than the regiment, and it works for me so its worth it. Have you been consistent with it? i think thats they key for it to work, doing it the right way, every single day.