Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BUM!!

A burning sensation!!

Hey, i'm using herbal logix spot, scar & blemish creme on my acne scar, and my face feel irritated and it got more reddish, and i was wondering if this is normal state. Its been 4 days that ive been using it, and it started to burn on the second day. Is that normal? Do i keep using until it doesn't feel irritated? :?

i think that you should stop using it. I once used neutrogena on the spot acne treatment and my face was very irritated and skin started peeling and certain parts of my face became very dry. It was terrible. I think that you should consider using tea tree oil which can be bought from the body shop. It helps a bit.

Oh no! I have to jump in here because i see " tea tree oil". I suspect it's the very thing that has led to the state of my skin now. I heard it was good stuff for pimples, so I went and got it. It worked. But many comedones grew at the areas where I apllied the oil and I developed cysts and more blemishes. I think it really blocked my pores. I got it at the body shop too. I wouldn't encourage anyone with acne to try it at all.. its probably only good for someone who has good skin with the occasional pimple.

everyone's skin is different. most people can't take straight tea tree on their face. it worked for me but it smelled bad so i went on the regimen,

A clinical trial compared the topical use of 5% tea tree oil to 5% benzoyl peroxide for common acne. Although the tea tree oil was slower and less potent in its action, it had far fewer side effects and was thus considered more effective overall.

Bassett IB, Pannowitz DL, Barnetson RS. A comparative study of tea-tree oil versus benzoyl peroxide in the treatment of acne. Med J Austral 1990;53:455–8.

it might work it might not. but i can guarentee you won't like the way your face smells.

tea tree oil never worked for me - it used to burn my skin and then it would get inflamed.... and then... more acne!!! ](*,) I have found that manuka honey oil/gel to be much more effective, soothing too - and apparently it's antibacterial qualities far exceed tea tree.

Tea tree in fact created some minor scarring - which resolved after a few months.