Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snowshoe

How much did you pay for accutane?

Newbie here! I've had my blood test today and after I get the results from my doctor I'll be filling my first prescription for accutane. I'm so excited! I'll of course ask my doctor the price when she calls me with my test results (hopefully tomorrow) but until then I'm looking for a ball park figure. Thanks everyone!

Newbie here! I've had my blood test today and after I get the results from my doctor I'll be filling my first prescription for accutane. I'm so excited! I'll of course ask my doctor the price when she calls me with my test results (hopefully tomorrow) but until then I'm looking for a ball park figure.  Thanks everyone!

I pay out-of-pocket for my generic Accutane and don’t get reimbursed until I reach my $500 deductible. Typically, it costs me anywhere from $194 to $224 for a one-month prescription. My last visit to the pharmacy cost me around $324 adding the cost of two lotions to the Accutane. And to think I still registered for classes and am hoping I can afford that tuition bill….

(I hope you’re still breathing.)

What PPO? I'm on Roche Accutane (brand); cost @ Walgreens was a little over $1100/month, although copay is only $35

I have Aetna insurance.

I pay out-of-pocket for my generic Accutane and don’t get reimbursed until I reach my $500 deductible.  Typically, it costs me anywhere from $194 to $224 for a one-month prescription.  My last visit to the pharmacy cost me around $324 adding the cost of two lotions to the Accutane.  And to think I still registered for classes and am hoping I can afford that tuition bill….

(I hope you’re still breathing.)

I also have a PPO, Horizon Blue Cross/Blue Shield. They suck!  there I’ve said it (again). A PPO plan, unlike an HMO, allows you to see providers in and out of the network for a discount rate. You don’t need referrals. It’s nice in that aspect but I also need to add that my blasted insurance company also doesn’t cover cortisone injections.

It has nothing to do with my age. My previous dermatologist even called to fight for my benefit. It has everything to do with my insurance company sucking!

(I dream often of Fight Club. I dream of blowing up insurance companies along with credit companies but I guess if I am dreaming, I am sleeping which means I don’t have time to start my own Fight Club.)

I also have a PPO, Horizon Blue Cross/Blue Shield.  They suck!   there I’ve said it (again).  A PPO plan, unlike an HMO, allows you to see providers in and out of the network for a discount rate.  You don’t need referrals.  It’s nice in that aspect but I also need to add that my blasted insurance company also doesn’t cover cortisone injections.

It has nothing to do with my age.  My previous dermatologist even called to fight for my benefit.  It has everything to do with my insurance company sucking! 

(I dream often of Fight Club.  I dream of blowing up insurance companies along with credit companies but I guess if I am dreaming, I am sleeping which means I don’t have time to start my own Fight Club.)

If you read my above post, you will see that I first have to meet my $500 deductible. After I reach that, I need to still pay out-of-pocket and wait four to six weeks for a reimbursement check. With car payments, car insurance, rent, bills and the cost of living, this is no fun. I’ve been on Accutane since September and my deductible was met in December and started over in January. It costs me anywhere from $194 to $224, depending on how much Accutane I am getting. This is for the generic brand. Again, I want to blow up insurance companies. evil.gif

If you read my above post, you will see that I first have to meet my $500 deductible.  After I reach that, I need to still pay out-of-pocket and wait four to six weeks for a reimbursement check.  With car payments, car insurance, rent, bills and the cost of living, this is no fun.  I’ve been on Accutane since September and my deductible was met in December and started over in January.  It costs me anywhere from $194 to $224, depending on how much Accutane I am getting.  This is for the generic brand.  Again, I want to blow up insurance companies. evil.gif