Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oranrene

Read and see pics, please!

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?show...Uy=-8ef10g&Ux=0

Need some feedback from past users of the TCA 25% peel. I just did this last night about 9:00 p.m. CST (central Florida), and I have a few concerns.

I applied the acid rather quickly because I was worried about timing it. I also used only a rubber glove instead of a cottonball (because instructions were not clear on what to use to apply and q-tips would have taken forever). I did this to my entire face beginning at the forehead. I quickly slapped a second layer on and then put a little under my eyes and on the sides of my eyes. It was getting frosty except for my nose and between my eyes, so like an idiot, I dripped some with the dropper from between my eyes, which dripped down my nose and onto the top of my lip (ouch). I quickly neutralized my lip and rinsed it with cool water. I waited the rest of the 5 minutes (I began timing during first application), neutralized entire face, and then rinsed with cool water (then repeated neutralizer and water).

At first, I thought this was burning me up pretty good and thought it would be successful, however, I wake up this morning and all I have is a "pregnancy mask" look that I had the first summer after giving birth 2 years ago. I have not seen the pregnancy mask for over a year now and it seems like the acid brought it back out! My nose is pink and shiny (one of the areas of my face where I never had pregnancy mask). I am a little swollen (I swell in the a.m. anyway, so not sure how much is swelling from my usual or from acid peel) and I can feel a little tightness, but other than that and what I mentioned above, there isn't too much going on here. My face isn't even red!!!!! I wanted to really burn some layers!

Here's what I'm thinking and where I need advice. First, I should have used a cottonball to get a better/thicker application (I know the acid is watery, but I am sure I lost 70% of it using gloves!). Secondly, I think I should have began timing when I was completely done applying the TCA.

I am now wondering, since I apparently did not do the application properly and actually did less than what even a first-timer should have done, if I should attempt this again in the next few weeks (like maybe 2 weeks or sooner if this seems to go away quickly (won't even say "heal" because I really do not see any dead skin, just skin color change, hence the pregnancy mask). ?? What do you experienced peeps think??

I put my pic on here so you could see exactly what was done (before and after pics). Warning: I am pretty hideous looking (ummm, before and after...hehe...without my full face of makeup anyway; never been a wash-and-go girl).

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Charlotte

Sorry about that, I had a hard time getting this to work! I had to use my personal photo album from Ofoto website to do this because the pictures were too big. When I made them smaller and attached them on here, they were too small to see what I was talkign about. So, I just added a link where you can view only those pictures and not have access to my entire album....Should be able to view the TCA pics now. Let me know if anyone still has a problem viewing.

Thanks again...

If your face turned that color, i can almost assure you you'll get a good peel. My face hardly ever changes color the next morning but when it does, i peel really good. You won't notice any major changes until about day 3...then it'll start to get tight and turn a nice shade of brown. That's when the peeling begins. It can be a bit nerve wracking when you do it for the first time because you dont' konw what to expect. But I think yours will come along fine. If it feels tight, it's a good idea to moisturize. Also, you would probobly get a better application if you used a qtip the next time.

And dripping tca acid between your eyes is never a good idea. You could go blind.

Oh thank you, thank you, girl3900! That's just what I wanted to hear!! I would hate to think I just fried my face for nothing. Are you saying my face will get even tighter by day 3?? That's what I want, as well. My cheek bones are so high that the skin underneath sinks in a little (and yes, I do have all my teeth, so that's not why biggrin.gif ...hehe)...even a slight tightening would make that better, I would think anyway.

I know it has been said to wait at least 2 to 3 months before doing it again, but I would like to do it sooner. Does anyone know if the 2 to 3 months is exaggerated and if it is possible to do it again in, let's say, 1 month?

Thanks again...

I probobly shouldn't say this because everyone says to wait so long, but i can do it every 2 weeks without problems. I don't know why it's advised to wait so long. I guess to give your skin a chance to recover. I doubt you'd run into any problems if you did it any sooner though. If you did another 25% in 2 weeks, you'd probobly peel even more because your skin is so sensitive. I dunno if i'd do such a high strength so soon...maybe you could dilute it to 15% or so.

But yeah, i'm sure you'll be happy with the results. My skin looks so great after I do a peel.

Good idea, thanks! I think I will dilute it. My kit came with little measuring cups, so I will dilute to 15% (maybe less). The only reason I want to do a few sooner is because summer is coming and I am in Florida. Therefore, with 3 kids and a pool, it's not likely I will be staying inside much. I will definitely take care to keep my face covered as much as possible, though. If I lay out, I will cover with a towel, but what about out in the water? We have a mean sun here in our back yard and it's even meaner in the pool...will an SPF 30 work? Should I apply it every 30 minutes or so?

Thanks...(sorry for all the questions, but being a newbie at this is scary!).

Next time try applying the acid with a gauze pad. Works great. You'll get a more even application than with a Q-Tip.

Cotton balls waste too much product.

(I learned all this the hard way.)

Thanks for that tip, Robert! I will definitely do it that way next time and will probably have a little more control...that stuff was drippin everywhere (and ruined my husband's long john shirt that was olive green; it now has little white spots...oops rolleyes.gif

Okay, gettin a little worried again. I just read something about hyperpigmentation for people who already have skin discoloration. I never had a severe skin discoloration, more like subtle skin differences, of my face, however, as I said before, I did develop the "pregnancy mask" 2 years ago. I have not seen this "mask" in quite some time and thought it was gone until last summer when I went out in the sun w/o sunblock on my face. It was very light, though. Now, I am wondering if this has not brought that out full force and it's not going to crust off!! Anyone have this type of problem?? Please tell me ya did and it went away eusa_pray.gif

At least I have enough for several treatments and will do as many as it takes to get rid of the "prego mask!"

Thanks again

Okay, I added more pics so you can see today's damages (use the link from my first post above). When I first woke up, I could barely move my face! I also had some hair stuck to this crusty spot near the corner of my mouth...ew.

I applied a triple antibiotic and some Eucerin cream (no perfumes or irritants, kind of like white creamy Veseline). At least I can move my face now....phew.

Please let me know if all of this looks normal. Again, the face appears red, but it really isn't, it's brown and patchy!

Thanks guys!

That looks perfectly normal to me. I did one just last Sunday, and my skin looked a lot like that the first few days. Yours definitely turned a darker brown than mine did, though! I guess my skin is a bit tougher than I'd thought. ^^;;

damn! man you got some guts to do something like that to your skin I'd be horrified. But I hope it all works out for you

Twobuttons: I have done worse, I actually went at it to a small area under my eye and next to my nose (about a 2 x 2 inch area) with my mouse sander (little hand sander!). Believe me, this ain't nothing compared to that...I bled! (and it actually made that area smoother, but the healing took forever (almost a month). That's why I used the TCA instead; shorter healing time.

Thanks, Luna...glad to hear that. I will post more pictures tomorrow if I get a chance...

Yeah, that's normal. You're gonna peel really good. I never got mine to change that much color. Keep us updated!

To those who have done it before, how long does it take to see improvement in shallow marks? I ask because so far I haven't seen anything-- I know I have to be patient; I just wanted to get an idea of when I should be expecting to see anything.

Twobuttons:  I have done worse, I actually went at it to a small area under my eye and next to my nose (about a 2 x 2 inch area) with my mouse sander (little hand sander!).  Believe me, this ain't nothing compared to that...I bled! (and it actually made that area smoother, but the healing took forever (almost a month).  That's why I used the TCA instead; shorter healing time.

Thanks, Luna...glad to hear that.  I will post more pictures tomorrow if I get a chance...

I thought of using one of those nail spinning things. By the way, my hand mouse sander does not spin, it just kind of vibrates back and forth. I used 120 grit sandpaper, so it wasn't too bad. If I still have it, I will add the pic from that "dermabrasion" to those I already have in the link above. \

Also, here is a link so you can see what the hand mouse sander (that's what I call it...hehe) looks like...see below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=20782

Daaaang...I wish I knew about eBay when I purchased mine! That's cheap...

yae ive seen those. Thats nut's. The nail thing is deffinately a better choice if your going to do crazy stuff like that, it doesnt scrach the skin at all like sandpaper or that mouse. The one I have has two pumice stone heads that can be attached (the pumice is really smooth not scrachy) it's called igia platinum nail care center here's a pic. If you look closely at the pic you can see a pink tip and a green tip, thouse are the ones i use

post-5534-1110035478_thumb.jpg

post-5534-1110035478_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I have a question, is that close to microdermabrasion? Does it damage the skin? Or does it just sand it down? I am very interested in this.. I think it could help for my scaring.

Hi,

I have a question, is that close to microdermabrasion? Does it damage the skin? Or does it just sand it down? I am very interested in this.. I think it could help for my scaring.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli
Oh thank you, thank you, girl3900!  That's just what I wanted to hear!! I would hate to think I just fried my face for nothing.  Are you saying my face will get even tighter by day 3??  That's what I want, as well.  My cheek bones are so high that the skin underneath sinks in a little (and yes, I do have all my teeth, so that's not why biggrin.gif ...hehe)...even a slight tightening would make that better, I would think anyway.   

I know it has been said to wait at least 2 to 3 months before doing it again, but I would like to do it sooner.  Does anyone know if the 2 to 3 months is exaggerated and if it is possible to do it again in, let's say, 1 month?

Thanks again...

Yeah, I may wait that long. I am tore up pretty good, but a lot of skin came off today and I have to say my pores are a LOT smaller. It also, so far, seems way less "ruddy" than it was previously. I also had blemish scars, which I know are gone!...phew. I wish I had taken a better/closer before-picture so you guys could see how much damage there really was. I had I guess what are called small ice-pick holes, which are a great deal smaller to almost gone, lots of skin color uneveness, acne scars, chicken pox scars (didn't get my pox till I was 16, so scarring was way worse than it would have been versus getting them as a child), and my face was just real ruddy looking. I am keeping my fingers crossed. If I get even a 20% improvement, I will certainly do my next treatment in about a month and a half (or maybe a month...hehe). Will try to hold off.

Does anyone have experience in furrow/forehead wrinkles? I would like to do the "Cross section" thingy on those, but would like exact instructions and results from someone who has had success.

Thanks for all your help guys...I will post more pics later (babysitting my niece right now and she is callin me eusa_dance.gif )

20% Improvment? I'm pretty sure you will get more then 20% smile.gif I look forward to keeping up with your progess. I'm the process of 50% Cross treatment TCA. smile.gif Lets hope the best for everyone doing TCA smile.gif I hope we get the results we want!!!!!!

I have updated my pics for 3/5/05 and 3/6/05. Don't forget to read the captions underneath the pics so you can read my progress!!

MikeB04: Thanks...I am not looking to be in my 20s again, just want my face one even texture and tone!! I seem to be getting little pimples here and there, though...like on my chin and nose...ew! I assume it is due to the triple antibiotic (grease) I am using.

I also hope everyone here will get the skin they hope for, especially after all of this torture!

looking good. I will keep a good eye on these pics and thread!

I would really like to try TCA peel but firstly i am a little worried and secondly i could never get that amount of time off work, especially since i have two jobs. Maybe though later in the year. hmm.