Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi...I posted here awhile ago...I was on ortho-lo and just got switched to Yasmin b/c my breakouts were terrible. I went to the derm and he prescribed me doxycycline, differin gel for at night, claron in the morning, cetaphil moisturizer (when needed) and purpose soap to cleanse with. I am just so upset b/c when I went off ortho lo, I noticed my skin getting better. When I began taking Yasmin however, I have started breaking out again....Is bc just not for me???Is this related to hormonal changes?? Should I just not take Yasmin and take the doxy?? What do you guys think?? Please please help...my wedding is three months away!!!

I think most people experience initial type breakouts on the pill because of hormone changes. My derm told me bc would take like 3 months before it's working, if it's going to work. How long were you on Ortho? How long have you now been taking Yasmin? Doxy should work for you also, it takes a month or so I think for it to kick in. Congratulations on your wedding, I'm sure it's stressful for you thinking you're not going to be cleaer for the big day. Hang in there, give it some time to work smile.gif

Thanks for the advice...I took Ortho Lo for about a month and went off it about 2 weeks ago...I took 3 days of the Yasmin and have started breaking out again...I haven't yet start taking the doxy b/c I've been sick, so you think it will work okay w/out birth control???

Hi...I posted here awhile ago...I was on ortho-lo and just got switched to Yasmin b/c my breakouts were terrible. I went to the derm and he prescribed me doxycycline, differin gel for at night, claron in the morning, cetaphil moisturizer (when needed) and purpose soap to cleanse with. I am just so upset b/c when I went off ortho lo, I noticed my skin getting better. When I began taking Yasmin however, I have started breaking out again....Is bc just not for me???Is this related to hormonal changes?? Should I just not take Yasmin and take the doxy?? What do you guys think?? Please please help...my wedding is three months away!!!

Well it takes like 3 months for the bc to stop freaking out your system, so if you were only on Ortho for a month then it's hard to say if that was a normal breakout or what. With only being on Yasmin for 2 days then it's too hard to say if it's not going to work for you or if it is. In either case, that's too short of a time to tell. Sorry!