Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was on Mino before and it took 4-6 weeks for me to see results. I was on 100mg/day. If you're on a low dose then you might want to get that increased since it's been a month. There's also a possibility that it won't work for you.

hey i was on minocycline too....shit did no good. I was tetra before that for a month, and then i uped to mino. I was on it for a month on Clindamycin too, maybe it takes longer, but it really didnt help. I think my red marks turned dark colored b/c of it too, but im not sure its because of that. Now im on accutane week 6 and things seem to be going aight.

i was on mino for about 3 weeks.. and the lumps under my skin have disappeared.. my skin feels clear.. but has left ALOT of red scarring that look like pimples.. i have a dermo apt in 3 days for accutane.. but im having doubts..

You might not start seeing results for a few months. Try not to be discouraged though. It takes time.

Been on it six days and it's helping a lot. All but one cyst has closed and is healing nicely, the two big ones on my right side of my lips and just below are nearly gone, the other side one looks like a large healing pimple and the other is a california shaped blotch that's still a bit active but I can cover it. That combined with lots of water, sleep and the regimen is helping. I'm on 100mg twice a day. One person on the board said they doubled their doxycycline to 200mg per day and it cleared up in six weeks. Everyone it seems is pretty different with regard to reaction.

i was on mino for just around 7 months, and then i gave up and told the doc it was crap, it didnt do anything for me, and i persisted only because my derm said it would get better in time, i saw him three times over the course not once did it luk or get better. Pointless waste of my time. However if you dont have resistant acne...be very grateful it will work a treat...or so ive heard!

eternal sunshine,

I'm interested in how you are doing. I've been on minocycline for 3 weeks (1 week at 100mg a day up to 200 mg a day). My face looks awful right now. I'm not sure if I should stick with it or not. It seems to get worse every day. My dr. also prescribed bp for at night (2 1/2%) and cleocin t lotion for in the morning. I dont' know if it's the topicals or the pills - but i'm breaking out.