Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
just_imagine82

What do you look forward to the most?

Hey Taners,

I thought I'd start a new thread, since I think about this often and wanted to hear what everyone else thinks. What do you look forward to the most about having clear skin, after this is all over?? I know a bunch of us are somewhat nearing the end of our Accutane courses. I'm feeling a little anxiety already, even though I probably have at least another month and a half left. What happens after Accutane... dum de dum dum...

Anyways. I look forward to a lot of things, obviously better self-esteem like I'm sure all of us do. But what I look forward to the most is SUMMER... going to the beach, going on road trips, walking around downtown, doing everything I love to do out in the sunshine without feeling self-conscious about my skin. I have this major fantasy about summer going on. I want to wear less makeup during the time of year practically made for wearing less makeup and sporting the natural, sun-kissed look. Last summer I felt so awful having to wear layers of makeup everyday to hide my near-severe acne on my cheeks, and it really sucked. I was a sweaty, greasy mess with makeup smudging everywhere. I seriously dream of the summer days to come where I can use a little pressed powder to control shine, head to the beach and not even think about covering acne, red marks, etc! When I'm away on vacation, how awesome would it be to shower and head out the door all ready for a day in the sun, no makeup, without feeling ugly... I can barely imagine it. I'm a summer girl, as you can see biggrin.gifeusa_dance.gif I love heat, sunshine, the ocean... I can't stop thinking about how different it will feel to experience a summer where I'm not stressed about my skin!

Another thing I look forward to is feeling comfortable with people touching my face. I know some of you girls can relate. I can't stand my boyfriend touching my face, even if it's innocently. Meanwhile, I'm always touching his face because it's so damn soft and perfect. The day I feel comfortable with someone touching mine will be a great day...

So what do you dream about??

Mae

Guest Craigems

HAHAHAHAHA, dam straight. I rekon 2-3 at the same time ... will make up for lost time lol. I am the same i think i was too shy coz of acne to ask girls out .. so why not get 3 at the same time haha what a good idea! lol.

And never having to look in the mirror again to see what new has formed! yep. Although my confidence has been VERY high recently.

To going about my life without the hassle and distraction of acne. To not getting up in the morning and fearing looking in the mirror (I'm starting to get used to that). To being more confident when out and about (and talking to women). To it simply not being there. Hopefully.

Ya I look forward to having a little bit of confidence. And not being too embarrased to go to the park with my kids, or even in the yard to play. And walking around downtown. Wearing the clothes that I bought and said that I could wear as soon as my skin cleared. (but that never happened) Just to be able to live my life with out basing every decision on my skin and how I look. Right now, my life revolves around this fuckin curse. It's frustrating. In a way, having clear skin, would be like getting freedom back. Cheezy or what eh? But it's true, sadly enough....

This is a great thread! We need more of these!!!

I look forward to genuine smiles in the mirror. I look forward to allowing a camera near my face again. I look forward to more compliments and along with them, more confidence. I look forward to being told I am beautiful again by strangers. I look forward to not wearing as much make-up. I look forward to being able to accept a compliment and not feel like it was forced.

I am looking forward to the summer and not having red marks and getting a tan and makeup not being an issue and looking crap because of dry patches.

I look forward to feeling good about myself and confident and not want to check how its looking and go into changing rooms and wanting to cry when i see my reflection.

OHH.. come on time.. move a little faster. Its been 8 months... give it another 3!!

In my experience, people who have had to overcome difficulty with self-confidence are much more compassionate, interesting, and intelligent than people who've never had to deal with those issues. I'd much rather kick it with a person who's built character from having to deal with shit like acne, or weight, than some perfect-looking, vapid asshole who's just coasted through life.

I Agree! Great post! It’s nice to see some more good energy running through these boards. I look forward to not being so dry and crusty. It’s getting really bad, and nothing seems to combat it but- I’ll give some of that credit to the dead cold winter here in MN. Im looking forward to being bump free. Pre-‘tane I was always littered w/ bumps on my cheekbones and jawline – clogged pores, and also being blemish free, inflammation free, you know – all of that. And I look forward to saying good bye to a red face and hopefully never looking back. I look forward to wearing blackless dresses, tank tops, halter tops, etc, now that my back is flawless. Am I getting ahead of myself here? I truly hope this is the end of my battle. I haven’t shown off my back in years.

I would like to stop worrying about acne like normal ppl do not, do some procedures to get rid of marks.

Then like everyone else get as many girls as I can smile.gif

Guest Craigems

lol guys want as many girls as possible ... girls want clothes... OMG . lol how obviously sad is this tongue.gif hehe we'll hey this is like a ginie (sp?) question 3 wishes ... i wanna be rich, goodlooking, and... famous.

Well at least we're getting the goodlooking bit.

HAHAHAHAHA, dam straight. I rekon 2-3 at the same time ... will make up for lost time lol. I am the same i think i was too shy coz of acne to ask girls out .. so why not get 3 at the same time haha what a good idea! lol.

And never having to look in the mirror again to see what new has formed! yep. Although my confidence has been VERY high recently.

Haha, my Dad keeps telling me the same thing, thats where we met my mother smile.gif I was actually born in California San diego but have lived in Australia all my life, so i'm a yankee with a 99% aussie accent tongue.gif ... So it should be interesting when I go back! smile.gif)

As for having girlfriends, i've had quite a few girlfriends with acne, but there have been weeks/months where i've avoided seeing them which obviously caused problems. I can never meet girls if my face is bad etc I just feel too self-concious. It's such a hassle having to fight acne and having to try to make up excuses why I can't go see people. But i've gotten good at it and as we can see it all affects our lifes in these ways... with clear skin it would be a world without many thoughts..

Be good!!!! smile.gif

Ryan.

What I look forward to most...is being confident...just feeling free, The last 7yrs I just felt so imprisoned...having acne has really mess with my perception of life, Of the world! I get up everyday dreading having to get dress and go out..whereas if I did'nt have acne it would'nt be a big deal..probably something I love....Its the little things that I look forward too for example.

Not having to make up dumbass excuses why I cant go out...being able to look someone directly in the eye, being able to socialize without feel so selfconscious, looking in the mirror,etc...

Oh yeah...I'm a party girl and acne have been messing up my pimp game with the fellas lol.gif just kidding but I just look forward to..being free eusa_angel.gif

Wow you guys are so awesome, I didn't expect this thread to take off so fast! I love the positive energy. I need it right now since I'm STILL breaking out a little, grrr. But I'm always looking ahead! You all rock biggrin.gif

Mae

Polar......i know this may sound akward, but will you move to Honduras with me? we can raise chickens and live out our fantasy lives.....